Chapter One-Hundred-Three

The castle was eerily quiet. Ginny and Thea could already see that people were beginning to work quickly, collecting dead bodies, moving them to the great hall and clearing rubble. 

A feeling of dread settled even further in Thea's stomach, she had had it for days but it was even worse. 

It was too painful for Thea or Ginny to be able to move Elliot on their own to the Great Hall but Ginny had led a volunteer over to his body to make sure he would be put in the Great Hall like everyone else. 

Ginny was also incredibly saddened by Elliot's sudden death. She had gotten to Elliot quite well over the past few years as well as the fact that he had become quite a regular at the Burrow with Thea after Molly had taken such a liking to him. She didn't know how Thea would cope, she had lost her brother and one of her best friends in the span of a few years. She had seen what Cedric's death had done to Thea and Ginny only hoped that it wouldn't be the same case this time around. 

Ginny and Thea were hugging each other as they walked down the corridors towards the Great Hall not knowing what unspoken horrors they would face them when they got there. 

However, as they pushed open the doors to the Great Hall, they were met with overwhelming grief. The air smelled thickly of death and blood as it coated the air around them, pushing its way up their nostrils. From where they stood, Ginny and Thea could already see the survivors huddled in groups most of them crying, however, the most upsetting factor was the line of bodies that lay in the middle of the hall. Person after person, staring blankly at the ceiling above, some still stuck in the expression they had when they died while others looked peaceful like they were merely asleep. 

Thea and Ginny's eyes found the Weasley family at the same time crouching over a body on the ground both of their mouths falling open as they hurried over.

Ginny burst into simultaneous tears upon seeing her brother laying on the ground, his body looking cold to the touch despite a familiar look of humor still plastered on his face. 

The Weasley family mourned the loss of Fred Weasley. Molly lay across her son's chest, her body shaking as she tried to contain her emotions, Arthur stroked her hair while his own tears streamed down his face. George kneeled at Fred's head, the tears had finally stopped as he couldn't feel like he could cry anymore. It had all become too much in a too short period of time. 

George moved over slightly as much as he didn't want to, to allow Ginny to be able to mourn the loss of her brother as well. But as he moved, he saw Thea standing near, struggling to contain her own emotions. 

A feeling of slight relief washed over him soon replaced with yet another wave of grief, however, he knew he had to talk to her. It wasn't anything against his own family, however, Thea had already lost a brother, she knew what it was like and the grief wasn't as fresh as it was for the rest of his family. It hurt to tear himself away from his brother's side but he knew he had to do it. 

George soon approached Thea, whose own eyes widened slightly in relief before sadness overtook them yet again. 

"I'm so sorry, George," Thea replied, her hand covering her mouth slightly so her own sobs wouldn't be heard. 

George couldn't reply as he quickly pulled Thea into a hug. Thea stiffened slightly not expecting it but as George once again burst into tears on her shoulder, she hugged him back, feeling her own tears dripping down his shirt. 

They stayed like that for a long time, they needed each other more than ever right now. However, as the two of them hugged it gave Thea plenty of time to think things through. 

Fred Weasley had always been her rival growing up, Thea had shared a similar rivalry with both the twins, growing up and it had stayed that way for a long time. When George had first decided to put the childish rivalry behind him, Fred had needed a little more convincing, however after everything had gone down, Fred had become a strong member of her support group along with George. The happiness he had shared when Thea and George had first got together was uncontrollable. From his constant teasing and endless efforts to get the two back together, he had become the main person in Thea's life who she would always miss dearly. It all didn't feel real, like this could ever happen to them but it had and nothing could deny it. 

Eventually, George had let Thea go, only for him to return back to his brother's side. By that time, Harry, Ron, and Hermione had returned much to everyone's relief. However, it didn't take long for Harry to disappear from sight again. 

Thea stood with Ginny and Hermione, talking quietly as plenty more hugs were shared when Molly had also left her son's side to check on the rest of her children.

Molly had eventually made her way to Thea, checking in on her again, before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Thea." Molly smiled weakly, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I'm glad you are safe."

"Molly," Thea replied returning the hug. "I'm glad you are safe as well. I'm so sorry."

"What for dear?" 

"For everything. All of this."

"Don't be sorry, dear. None of this was your fault."

"Elliot didn't make it," Thea muttered quietly. 

"I'm very sorry to her that, Thea. He was an amazing young man." Molly replied, feeling even more tears spring to her eyes as she thought of another loss. "Thea, I know you don't want to know right now but could you please come with me for a second."