Chapter Thirty-Nine

December 17th had finally arrived and Thea couldn't be happier about it. However, Sirius wanted to attend the Quidditch match that was taking place that day before they left. It was Gryffindor against Slytherin and heavily snowing.

Thea was honestly surprised they didn't call off the game but even then she still enjoyed it despite the loud crowds of people that surrounded her and the fact that it continued to snow.

Thea groaned inwardly as did Sirius who was in his animagus form a little down, trying to remain unspotted. This game was not going in the favor of the Gryffindors. Ron Weasley, the newly appointed keeper was struggling and to no one's surprise, the Slytherins were making sure that everyone knew.

The chant that they had started echoed around the stands despite the weather.

"Weasley is our kind, Weasley is our king. He always lets the Quaffle in, Weasley is our king."

It went like that for a while before Harry Potter finally caught the snitch, to Thea's relief.

However, a fight suddenly broke out between the Gryffindor and the Slytherin team.

Sirius in his animagus form quickly made eye contact with Thea telling her to stay put before he quickly left to go check on Harry.

Thea watched as the fight quickly escalated. Both Fred and George lunged towards Draco trying to punish him for whatever he had said. That boy honestly had no good points. Then all the boys were in a tumble that continued until Madam Hooch and Professor McGonagall quickly rushed to stop the fight.

After succeeding the whole stadium watched as McGonagall pulled Fred, George, and Harry back up to the castle. If Umbridge had heard about the event then the boys would be in big trouble.

Thea found herself back in the living room of Grimmauld Place extremely happy to be away from Hogwarts.

Sirius had brought her back but had quickly left back to Hogwarts to try and help out where he could. So Thea was left in the company of Remus and another order member, Tonks who had nothing to do for the afternoon.

"Well, we have an entire afternoon to fill and to be honest I don't feel like cleaning so more or playing wizard chess." Remus started.

"I know of a pretty good muggle ice cream place just down the road," Tonks stated.

"Yeah and isn't the muggle cinema not too far down the road from there?" Remus continued.

Both Tonks and Remus were watching Thea carefully trying to work out her expression.

"That sounds great as long you two aren't too busy. I'm more than content with just continuing with my book or homework or something. I'm just grateful you guys busted me out of Hogwarts early." Thea replied with a slight smile.

"Of course not, Thea." Tonks chuckled. "Well let's go then!"

By the time the three of them made it to the ice cream place, they were all laughing at Tonks' attempt to control her hair to stick to one color earning quite a few confused looks from overlooking muggles.

All the laughing felt good, Thea hadn't had so much fun in a long time and clutching her waffle cone licking the vanilla ice cream off it, Thea couldn't help but smile.

Remus was happy, seeing Thea start to enjoy herself, she smiled and laughed, looking like all the previous months had never happened. He was grateful for Tonks' idea to take her out for ice cream and then a movie because if it had just been him and Thea, he was pretty sure it wouldn't have been as much fun.

After ice cream, the three of them arrived just in time at the cinema to watch a Muggle movie called Toy Story about a cowboy doll who becomes jealous when a new spaceman figure beats him as the top toy in their owner's room. All of them laughed their entire way through the movie and when they stopped outside the cinema to part their ways, they were still talking about the movie. Tonks said goodbye to Thea, promising to catch up soon before she left.

Thea tried to stifle a yawn as Remus turned to her informing her that she would be staying at his place for the night.

"Now before we get there, I must warn you, it's quite dark, damp and dirty but it's only for one night," Remus said a bit nervously.

"I'm sure it will be fine, Remus," Thea said still smiling.

The house turned out to be a lot better than Remus had said and Thea had quickly settled into the spare bed, falling asleep quite quickly, exhausted from her day with Remus and Tonks. Thea had only been asleep for a few hours before she was shaken roughly awake. She jumped before rubbing at her eyes to see Remus checking to make sure she was awake.

"Remus?"

"Get up quickly. We have to go." Remus said with a lot of urgency.

Thea quickly got out of the bed following Remus down the halls and out of the house. She was barely able to process what was going on before she apparated with Remus to an unknown location.

Thea's confusion only intensified when she discovered that they had arrived at St Mungo's. She looked as healers rushed past them their uniform perfectly neat, Thea suddenly became aware as she looked down at her pajamas at how much she must have looked out of place.

"What's going on?" Thea asked.

"It will all be explained to you in a second," Remus replied pulling Thea through the corridors looking for something.

The next thing Thea saw was Molly Weasley standing outside a room with Tonks. Mrs. Weasley's face was full of concern and fatigue. While Tonks despite the situation smiled at Thea before saying "when I said we needed to catch up soon I didn't mean a few hours later."

Thea smiled at that before her confusion and curiosity took over. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?"

Mrs. Weasley approached Thea before pulling her into one of her famous hugs. Upon releasing, Mrs. Weasley delivered the news that shocked Thea.

"Arthur was injured this evening. We are all here to make sure he is alright."

"That's awful Mrs. Weasley, I'm so sorry."

"Thank you, Thea." She replied sincerely.

While all the adults tried to gain any information they could about Arthur's condition as well as what happened to him, Thea tried to get as comfortable as she could in a hospital chair as tried to go back to sleep.