6.

GIA POV

"OMG you won't believe what happened

"OMG you won't believe what happened..." I said. Bria took a bite of her food "Uh oh what?". I explained to her what happened at that stupid event. "I don't know why would you even go... you know his family hates you. And that Madison girl I don't trust her ass either".

"Oh it's get even better. Delano comes over to check up on me. Then proceeded to kiss me. I threw his ass out after that" I said.

"I knew it! He thought by marrying someone else it'll mask his feelings for you. I'm always right. And here you go fighting it as usual" she said.

"I'm respecting the fact he's married. I don't need that bad energy anywhere near me" I said.

"Listen Delano still wants you. Now he sees you got yourself together he wants to come meddle himself. Make him work for it" she said.

"There's nothing to work for. He's married and is happy. And I'm content where I am in my life". Bria gave me a Yeah okay look. "I'm serious". She sucked her teeth "you both are lying to yourself. But you can't hide your feelings for long. You see Delano already tried to bust you wide open".

My phone went off. "Random number just texted me it's a picture of Madison and Delano".

"Let me see" bria said

"Let me see" bria said. Handing her my phone she nearly choked on her food. "Did you see the caption?". Shaking my head "husband and wife".

"Wow, so we are doing this now" I said. Bria shook her head "it's game on from here. His mom has to be feeding her shit. Or she just feels threatened by you". Kairo knocked over a plate letting it hit the floor "Uh oh".

"Off topic... you ever thought about putting Kairo into sports? He has slot of energy" Bria said.

"Actually I was thinking soccer. He can run all over the field" Kairo jumped off the chair and couldn't control himself. He's lucky we are outside eating today. After we were done we went back to my place. Ryan wanted to spend time with dad... since it was Sunday I let him. He's getting older and wants his dad a lot more now. "So how weird is it now when Delano comes over?".

"It's not weird. I just know I can't get too friendly with him. Cause to him that's like an open invitation" I said. Bria laughed " I think if you two was to get back together it would actually work out".

"Aren't you just rooting for us?" I joked.

"All day everyday... and I don't like that Madison chick. Something about her always rubbed me the wrong way. And look at what she's doing... sending you pictures cause she feels some type of way about you".  Watching Kairo sitting nicely in the couch watching the television... looking like his dad but acts like me.

                          ••••••••••••••••••••••

After Bria left it was just me and Kairo. Of course he was doing his own thing. Which meant jumping off of something. Hearing Ryan come inside I see Delano standing there. "Hey can we talk?" He asked.

"About what?" Playing dumb.

"You know about what..." he said.

"Delano Listen it was just a kiss. Shouldn't have happened because of your circumstance. But it did. I honestly got over it already and you should too" I said. He stood there looking completely amazed at what I just said. "So you didn't feel anything?" He asked.

"So what if I did... nothing can happen from it. Now please go home to your wife" I said. He walked closer to me which made me back up "why are you moving away from me?".

"Because you're insane!. We can't do this! I refuse to do this. I won't be that woman who's someone side piece. I deserve better than that" I said.

"I agree you do deserve better. But I can't help the way I feel. The love is still there" he said. He must be losing it. "You can't marry someone and claim to love them and still be in love with me".

"Exactly what it is... why do you think I never got rid of your ring?" He asked.

"You know what I don't even want to know the answer. You need to go home" I said. He back me up against the wall. "It's because I hope one day you'll put the ring back on".

"You need help. What you're saying doesn't make sense. Go keep your wife entertained. I don't need another picture of you two". He raised his brow "what are you talking about?". Showing him the text message. He sighed "can't believe she sent this to you".

"Go home" I said.

"Are you mad at me for this text she sent?" He asked.

"No Delano I'm upset that your jeopardizing your marriage for me. I don't need nor want that energy on me. You married Madison for a reason and that's because you felt she was the one. So please don't come in here trying to charm your way".

"Everything I've told you is the way I feel. It's been four years but my feelings haven't changed for you".

"Can you leave? Go home!" I said. He smirked "You win this one Gia but I'm not done trying". I didn't say anything cause then he wouldn't leave. "Have a good night, Gia" I smiled and closed the door locking it. This was not how I saw any of this going.