67.

GIA POV

This vacation was everything to me

This vacation was everything to me. Delano knew what we all needed and made it happen. The kids were having a great time. Everything was going great for once with no interruptions.

"I just had an idea" Delano said.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's get married!" He said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Let's get married" he said again.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"I'm serious. We are on a beautiful island. Let's tie the knot with our kids" he said.

"Why not? It's not like we both have families to wait for. Let's get married!" I said. He hugged me "soon enough you'll be my wife".

"Where would we get married?" I asked.

"There's this spot I saw on the way here. It's a huge field that has a awning on it. They marry people or people who want to renew their vows" he said.

"You saw all of that as you passed this place by? Sounds like you called for more info" I said.

He laughed "I did. Perfect place to get married. My divorce has been finalized for a while now".

"Well what are we waiting for?" I asked.

Never mind we don't have the proper attire for us to get married. But that didn't matter. As long as we had each other and our kids. We gathered our kids and headed to the place Delano was talking about. My nerves were going crazy. He must've noticed cause he held my hand.

We pulled up and got out. The scenery was amazing. Now I see why people get married here. "Ready?".

Taking a deep breath "yeah". He continued to hold my hand as we walked up to the awning. A man came from behind it "welcome! Are you both getting married?.

I nodded. "Well first of congratulations. And second let's get you married!". He positioned us before starting. Looking at Ryan, Kai and Salem. They deserve to have parents who are married.

Looking at Delano who was smiling

Looking at Delano who was smiling. Just remembering where we came from to end up here. Been through so much in our relationship. "Ready?".

"Yes let's do it" I said. He started off reading a passage from the Bible. Along with allowing us to say something as well. Delano of course had rings in his pocket. He slipped on the wedding band on my finger. I did the same. Before you knew it we were allowed to kiss. Hearing snickering from the kids when we kissed. "It feels good to know you're my wife now". Salem's scream got my attention she was trying to get away from Ryan to come to us. He let her go and she sped to Delano.

"Let's go celebrate!" I said.

We took the kids to a local place to eat and have cake. They were just as excited for us. Delano kept his hand in mine. "How come you didn't wear a dress?" Ryan asked.

"Because we didn't want to do the traditional wedding" I said.

"Mommy looked good either way" Delano said.

I smiled "well thank you".

         ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That night after we officially consummated our marriage we just sat there on the couch. I was laying in between Delano just playing with his chest. "You made me the happiest man on earth. The way I feel it's something I can't explain".

"Me too! I feel completed in a way" I said.

"Yeah exactly" he said.  Feeling his hand playing with my hair. There's still one more obstacle I need to beat through. Hearing light snoring we looked over to see Salem was snoring. "Aww she's exhausted!" I said.

"The only time she's good is when she's sleeping" he joked. I had to use the bathroom. Slowly getting up I went to see my phone as it was charging. After using the bathroom my phone lit up. Glancing at the phone I got a nameless text. Knowing it was a picture. I slide the text open and saw a pic of Bria and Delano. Raising my brow I just closed my phone and ignored it. I wasn't in the mood for the drama.

Joining Delano back on the couch I went on to enjoy our togetherness. He's my husband now. Sounds weird but we are bonded together.

[short update]