5.

DELANO POV

Gia and I both turned to see my mother standing there. "Thought you wasn't coming" I said. She snickered "and I would miss my daughters fundraiser... what kind of mother would I be?". Gia turned away from us and started to slowly walk away. "Oh don't leave. Like you left my son here years ago".

Gia turned around "I left because of you. Because you wouldn't mind your fucking business and leave us alone. That's why I left him. And he knows that".

"Oh the black girl has a mouth now" my mother said. Gia started putting her hair up and stepped closer to my mother "I'm not afraid to teach your old white ass a lesson".

"That's nice of you to fight me in front of your child. Such a black person move" Gia smiled and went to swing but I jumped Infront of her "Don't do it. It's not worth it" I whispered.

"You what's not worth it. This whole stupid invitation. I should've known when Ryan didn't want to come that I would listen and stay home. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and to be burned once again. Thank god I don't have to deal with all of this anymore" she said picking up Kairo. She stormed off. Turning to my mother who was smiling "about time she leaves. No one wants her here anyway".

"Jeez you cant just act accordingly? Gia and I were on good terms and now I can't say we are anymore" I said.

"Who cares? You can still see your kids. And why are you here with Gia when your wife is over there standing alone?" She asked.

"I brought Gia and our son something to drink if you must know" I said.

"Delano I'm warning you. Don't get back with Gia because your emotions are all over the place. Madison is your wife now. Make her happy and stop chasing Gia. She doesn't want you the way you dream of having her!" She said. I was done with this whole event. I excused myself and left.

Pulling up at Gia's apartment. I was hesitant to even tell her I was here. Cause I know she's still upset. Buzzing her door Ryan opened the door "hey dad". I walked inside and saw Gia. She looked at me and turned back around. "Why are you here?".

"Making sure you're okay. What just happened wasn't right" I said. Taking a seat next to her at the table. "It was never right and it wasn't right what she did to Ryan either".

"You're right... and I'm sorry that it happened" I said.

"Don't you ever get tired of apologizing for her actions?" She asked.

I didn't say anything. What could I say?.

"I bet your wife must be wondering where you are. Maybe you should go" she said. Not moving when she said that. "Delano? I don't need your wife showing up here accusing us of anything that's not happening".

"Madison isn't like that so don't worry" I said.

"That's not the point Delano. You are married now. And I feel like anytime you come here you're seeing how far I'll let you in. I'm trying to respect your marriage but I feel like you don't give a shit" she said.

I just stared at Gia. My head was somewhere else. She was talking but I wasn't really tuning in on what she was saying. She definitely grew into a beautiful woman. "Delano?! Are you listening to me?" She asked.

"Huh? Yeah!" I lied.

"Really? What did I just say?" She asked.

"Umm... something about my marriage" I said. She shook her head "you wasn't listening".

"How can I when I have you here in front of me looking so pretty. You're making me lose focus" I said.

"See!! This is what I'm saying. We are crossing boundaries. And I'm telling you now I'm not going to bring in bad karma cause you can't control yourself".

"Gia can we not joke around? I don't see a thing wrong with giving you compliments. It's all innocent play" I said.

"Is it? That's hard to believe. I think you should go" she got up and walked to the door. I'm probably going to regret this. "Gia?" She turned around and i took the opportunity to see if it was still there. That spark we once had. Crashing my lips on top of hers. She tried pushing me off. But my grip was on point. I pulled back. "You need to go, NOW!" She pushed me out the door slamming it shut.

Hopefully this didn't just made our relationship weird. Sighing cause I still felt that spark I always felt when it came to Gia. Playing with my wedding ring and still parked outside her apartment. Don't get me wrong I love Madison. She's a nice person.
But it's no secret I'm still in love with Gia. I'll have to take this with a grain of salt.

Staring my car I slowly pull off and driving back home. When I got home I walked inside to see Madison sitting there. "Hey" I said.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"I had to get my head right after what just happened" I said.

"Are you sure? Cause your mother said you probably went to go see gia" she said.

"No I went diving around. That's all" I lied. She got up and walked up to me "oh good. I thought I had to remind you who's your wife" she said. Looking into space all I do is keep playing that kiss over and over in my head.