28.

DELANO POV

Maybe I was rushing things but I really wanted to do this right this time around. Gia has a habit of changing her mind a lot. Timing right now isn't on my side. Pulling up to their dad's house. He knew I was coming over.

"Delano! How are you?" He smiled.

"I'm good" I said. We both walked inside to the living room. "So why did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I wanted your permission to ask for Gia's hand in marriage" I said.

"You think that's a good idea?" He asked.

"Of course, why not?" I asked.

"I'm saying because you are in the middle of a divorce. Maybe you should relax and take time out to recover from this mess of a divorce. Asking Gia to marry you is a good thing. But I think it's too soon" he said.

"I love Gia with everything. Wanting our kids to be happy in a two parent home. I just want to give especially Ryan a happy home" I said.

"You will do what you want anyway. But I guess you can have her hand in marriage. Just don't hurt her anymore. She was wreck when you went back with your wife".

"And I'm very sorry for what I did. Under a lot of pressure from toxic individuals clouded my happiness" I said.

"I hope you and Gia don't act on impulse. We both know how that ends up" he said. I was just happy he gave me permission to ask Gia to marry me, again. When I was done with discussing Gia with her dad I wanted to see my family. Pulling up to Gia's apartment I walked inside. Both boys were watching tv while Gia was in the bedroom feeding Salem. Joining them both on the bed. I took the bottle from her and held it so Salem could drink even though she was asleep.

The best thing I ever did was become a father

The best thing I ever did was become a father. Even though the first time was unexpected but I wouldn't trade it anything in the world. "She loves it when you feed her" Gia said. She rested her head on my shoulder. "The house is ready. Whenever you are ready you can move there. The kids rooms are decorated and done" I said.

She picked up her head "soon okay?".

"Why are you so slow with this moving in thing?" I asked.

"Because it's weird that you are in the middle of a divorce and you're trying to move me in a brand new house. In a totally different city".

"Didn't we speak about where the location was and you were fine with it. Listen, I just want my family together under one roof. I'm not asking for too much here" I said.

"Can you just give some time to get my stuff situated?" She asked.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Firstly I have to switch Ryan's school. Then Kairo is starting school next year as well. Never mind I have to transfer my job too. I can't just jump up and go with you. It's not like the first time where I didn't have much. I have a whole career here" she said.

"Gia you'll be out of work for a while due to Salem. So I don't see why you are even rushing to go back" I said. She turned to me "What do you mean? Wait? You don't want me to work like the last time?".

"No that's not what I'm saying... you know what forget it" I said.

"No speak up. What's the main issue here? What cause I'm not moving to your beat of the drum? I'm not that Gia anymore. You know it's funny cause you sometimes have your mothers tendency to force people to do things when they aren't ready".

"I didn't come here to argue. Just forget it" I said.

"But you came here to push me to move in with you. Why did you buy the house anyway when I told you to wait?".

"Because I wanted my family with me. But the way you're moving makes it seem you don't want too" I said.

"Really? You didn't here anything I just said. I guess I should just bow down and agree with whatever plans you have, right?" She said.

This whole conversation was ruining the mood. I didn't come here to argue or fight. She sat there just looking at her nails. Salem was sleeping peacefully in the middle of the bed. I just walked out the room and joined Ryan and Kairo who was so into the show they were watching. "Hey dad" Ryan said.

"What are you guys watching?" I asked.

"It's a action movie" Ryan said. I was trying to get into the movie but my mind was on other things. Looking around this apartment. It's a good size but with three kids it's not big enough. I don't know why Gia is moving so slow on this idea.

Losing track of time I didn't even realize both boys fell asleep. Gia came out the room "bed time!". Ryan groaned as he walked to the bathroom to shower. I was about to pick up Kairo "don't touch him. He'll wake up. Just leave him there until Ryan goes to bed". Putting my hands up "okay".

Not wanting to leave on a bad note. I pulled her to me "I'm sorry about earlier".

"It's okay. But you need to understand I can't just pick up and go. Work and more kids are involved now. Just be patient, okay?".

I nodded "You're right". She leaned in and kissed me. Hugging her tight. "I'll come over tomorrow to take the kids out".

"Okay. Bye" she said. Walking out the door it sort of hurt that I'm going home alone.