50.

DELANO POV

I was away on business

I was away on business. This was something I hated doing cause it took me away from my family. The only thing is I was alone. I didn't bring the kids this time. Just hoping these three days go fast.

Walking through the airport I grabbed my bag and continued making my way outside. Waiting for my rental I felt someone tapped my shoulder. Turning around thinking it was my car... "are you following me?". Bria smiled big.

"I think it's the other way around" I said. She giggled "I guess the universe works in a strange way. Bringing us together. Away from the usual people".

Where is my car?.

"Delano let's not act like we didn't have something before" she grazed my arm.

"Listen we didn't have anything. I was in a weak state of mind and we hooked up. That's it. Nothing else" I said.

"So the baby we once shared didn't mean anything?" She asked.

"Are you delusional? There was no baby. And if you were pregnant it wasn't mine" I said. She looked hurt when I said that. "But you automatically assume when Gia was pregnant it was yours".

"The difference there is... Gia has one body count and that's me. She hasn't been tainted like you have. I would say it was a good time but it was okay. We had fun and life goes on" I said.

She mean mugged me. Looking to see if my car was showing up anytime soon. "What is it about Gia?".

"Bria don't do this to yourself. Just go where you have to go and leave me alone" hearing a horn honk I turned to see my car. Never been so happy. Putting my bag in the trunk I got in and sped off.

When I got to my hotel I was happy to take a nap. I was feeling a little jet lagged. But before I could do that I wanted to call Gia.

"no! Kai don't give that to Salem!" She yelled. Hearing something crash to the floor. "See this is why I said don't give it to her! Hello?".

"Kids causing problems?" I asked

"You know the usual. Kids don't listen. They get that from you" she joked.

"I'll be home before you know it" I said.

"Let me sigh in relief real quick" she joked.

"Oh so guess who is following me now, bria" I said. Checking my hearing cause I swore I heard a zipper close "I'll be there in five hours".

"Gia? No there's no need. Just stay home with the kids. I can handle Bria" I said.  

"Yeah just like you handled her years ago..." she said.

"Listen relax okay. Plus, I only saw her at the airport. That was it, Hopefully" I said. Hearing the doorbell go off she went to answer it. "What are you doing here?".

"Gia? Who is that?" I asked.

"Oh it's my coworker he came to talk" she said.

"Coworker? Not that guy who— Gia?!" I said.

"Delano let me call you back. We are going in the back to talk" she said.

"Wait? No I want to talk to you. Hence why I called you when I had free time. Tell him to speak to you another time. Doesn't have someone else he can speak to?" I said.

"Talk about rude. I'll call you back" she ended the call. Looking at my phone in disbelief. She actually hung up on me.

                        ••••••••••••••••••••

GIA POV

"Sorry about that! What's up?" I asked. Ron looked so distraught.

"My girlfriend might get deported. I'm just beside myself" he said.

"Wow! When did she find out about this?" I asked.

"A couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to find out what I can do! But I'm clueless" he said.

"I'm sorry to hear about her situation. But I may have an idea. Marry her and see if you can get her a green card. So that way she can stay here" I suggested.

"That would work?" He asked.

I nodded "it should". He smiled "Gia you are a lifesaver!".

"I try sometimes" my phone kept going off. Already knew it was Delano. "If you have to take that..."

"Not really. Anyway when you go home just do the research on what I suggested" I said.

He nodded "you don't even know how happy I am that she might able to stay". Once he was good on what we spoke about he left. Delano was blowing up my phone!

"What?" I said.

"You can't answer the phone?" He asked.

"I was busy. What's the emergency?" I asked.  

"I'm curious on how he knew where you lived?" He asked.

"You can find anything on social media. Like, I can easily go on Brias Facebook and see her location ave tell you where she's at" I said.

"What did he want?".

"Some advice. That's all. He's going through some stuff at the moment. It's fucked up too" I said.

"That better be it!" He said.

"Umm excuse me. Let's not do that. Ron is just a friend that's all. I'm not you who sleeps with every fucking thing" I said.

He didn't say anything.

"Thought so. Are we done here?" I asked.

"What now you don't want to talk to me?" He asked.

"Not really! When nice non controlling Delano comes back then call me. Otherwise I'm don't taking to you" I said. Ending the call. I wasn't in the mood for his attitude. There's three kids here for that.