Chapter 4: Void Steve is Good?

Sabre's POV:

Rainbow Steve, Galaxy Steve, and I are currently trying to find a place we can kind of settle into while we survive. We found a nice, open plains area with some trees; enough to where we can at least start building.

I was assigned to start the base of the house. I still had some materials on me from my previous time in the Void and all of that crazy stuff. Galaxy Steve was... fishing... I think. Rainbow Steve was getting wood, and I think he was going mining to iron. We needed iron to make traps, and better weapons.

The base of the house was complete. It was pretty big, of course it was holding three people. I decided to take a break. I dug the hole in the ground and replaced every empty space with wood. I needed a break.

"Sabre..." a voice spoke. I raised an eyebrow. No one was around. I could hear Galaxy Steve yelling at some pufferfish, about how he would catch them.

I couldn't hear Rainbow Steve, and this voice was too deep to be either Rainbow or Galaxy Steve. I looked around and grabbed the Galaxy Sword from my inventory.

"Who's there?" I asked, hiding the weapon tightly in my hand.

"You can put the Galaxy Sword away. I'm not here to harm you, Sabre," the voice said. Just then, lightning struck right in front of me. I flinched and got ready to attack.

I calmed a small bit. Hint hint, small bit. Void Steve stood in place of the lightning. He just stared at me, not saying a thing.

"W-what are you doing here? Want to turn me over to Slade?" I asked with a little venom in my voice. He began to walk closer, causing me to back away from him. I held the Galaxy Sword in front of me, ready to defend myself.

  "I know you remember what happened 12 years ago," Void Steve said as he continued to approach me. I froze. My grip loosened some, but I was still able to hold on to the sword.

Memories came back into my mind. My breathing hitched, and it felt like the air was being ripped out of my lungs.

"Sabre... I was there. You know I was there. Look, I'm here to help. You and I both know Slade has done wrong to the both of us. We won't get anywhere if we stay at each other's throats," Void Steve said stopping not to far from me. I looked at his red, evil eyes. He did have a good point.

If we kept fighting each other, we would never get rid of Slade. I looked around for Rainbow or Galaxy Steve; not seeing a single one of them. I sighed and put the sword away.

"I hate to admit it, but you have a point. We won't get any closer to defeating Slade if we constantly fight each other. If anything, he'll get closer to his mast plan, or whatever," I said admitting defeat, in a way.

"SABRE!" I heard Rainbow Steve yell in fear. Void Steve and I both flinched and turned to face the multicolored Steve. "GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

  Rainbow Steve began to charge at the both of us. Void Steve took a step back. I looked at Void Steve, then back to Rainbow Steve. I stepped in front of Void Steve, blocking Rainbow Steve.

  Rainbow Steve stopped and stared at me. He acted like I just betrayed him (heheheh... get it?).

  "You've got to be kidding me, Sabre. Now, you want to protect him?" Rainbow Steve asked. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

  "You do remember you just helped him trap me and Galaxy Steve, right?" I said staring at him with a 'You've got to be kidding me?' face.

  He blushed... even though it was hard to see with his red and orange face. He looked away, and don't say a thing.

  "Look, I explained to you guys what happened between the two 12 years ago. Void Steve made a good point. We won't be getting anywhere near closer to defeating Slade if all we do is stay at each other's throats. We have to work together," I said, stepping to the side some. I didn't back to far away, incase one jumped the other.