Chapter 18: Protective Natsu

Lucy's POV

I can't believe that I am half-mortal.

"What does it mean?" I ask Celeste.

"It means that your mother was the queen and your father, I don't know much about. But your mom has powers that are too hard to control right now at your age, but you will get to when you get older." she explains.

"W-What po-powers?" I ask.

"Your mother was a goddess before she became the dragon queen." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Am I deaf? My very own mom was A GODDESS?!

How come I was never told this? Man, my life is messed up right now. There is so much confusion in my life that I feel I can't handle.

-at Fairy Tail-

Selina's P.O.V

It's been 10 days since Lucy came back to the guild for a visit, I miss her. She's like a sister to me. I wonder if Natsu still loves Lucy. I walk over to Natsu who is sitting at the bar with his head down on the counter.

I'm sure he regrets every single day about not having Lucy on his team anymore. He probably feels comfortable around her. He does love her.

"Natsu, do you still love Lucy or do you love Lisanna?" I ask him. He lifts his head from the bar and looks at me.

"Selina, I'd rather not talk to you about it." "Why not? I'm your bestie." I say.

"I just don't want to right now, ok Selina?" I nodded. I know how he feels. Suddenly, the guild doors are busted down and Lucy walks in. "Hey guys!" she smiles.

I run over to her and hug her. Natsu lifts his head and walks over to Lucy. He takes her hand and leads her outside. Lucy looks at me and I shrug. I followed and I used my hearing, I heard this:

Lucy: Hey Natsu, what is it?

Natsu: Well, I want to say that...

Lucy: What? Spit it out...come on.

Natsu: I-I...

Lucy: Come on.

Natsu: Love you SOO much

Lucy: *smiles* Didn't you confess to me already?

Natsu: *smiles* Yes, but it's a reminder that you're mine.

Lucy: Ok

Natsu: Will you be my girlfriend?

Lucy: Yes!

Natsu: *kisses Lucy on lips*

-end of convo-

Wow, they really love each other. They didn't want to admit it in front of any of their comrades. I am not that surprised. Maybe I am. I smiled and turned around and bumped into a bare chest. Gray. "Hi" he says. "Hi." I reply. "Want to talk?" he asks. "sure." He leads me to a table.

I sit down and he sits next to me. "Selina, I wanted to tell you something but I feel like you'll reject me." he begins.

"I won't. I promise." I say.

"Ok, well, I love you and I understand that Juvia likes me but I don't feel the same way to her. It's you that I like."

He says. "What are you saying?" I ask him. "Will you go out with me?" He asks.

OMG! My crush is asking me out and I want to go out with him, but what will Natsu say? I'm sure he won't mind.

"Yes." I say. I smile and he does too. I turn my head and once I faced back to where I was facing Gray, I felt cold lips press on mine. I open my eyes to see Gray is kissing me.

I kissed back. We pulled away and I said. "Thank you Gray." OMG!!! I am sooo happy! I want to tell Mira and I'm sure she will squeal like always. Lucy is right. Fairy Tail is amazing.

Mira's POV

I saw a pair of our guild members kissing. I looked a little closer and I still couldn't tell who it was. I suddenly saw Selina run towards with a huge smile on her face.

"OMG Mira, guess what?!" she says. "What?" I say. "Gray kissed me!" she says with excitement. "EEEK!" I was squealing with excitement. "How did it feel?" I ask.

"Great and it was my first kiss." OMG, even better. "I bet that was the best feeling ever." I say to Selina. "It was awesome." I was so happy for Selina, I felt like a sister to her. I really care about her.

Makarov's POV

I was on the phone with Master Silver of Crescent Sun. I still have to call the Magic Counsel. I am sure they will accept. I am going to meet up with him at Crocus and I am going to have Silver as guild master for the new guild.

I walk out of my office and I tell Mira that I am going out. She nods and I bid my goodbyes to her and the guild. I know this is going to work.

Natsu's POV

I kissed Lucy and I love her so much. I know I confessed to her already but I wanted everyone to know that no one else can take her. I promised I will be there for her.

"Natsu! Come over here, I really want to go on a job with you!" I turned around and saw Lisanna running towards me with a job request in her hand.

"What is it?" I ask. I said goodbye to Lucy and she headed back to her guild. I know I'll see her again real soon.

"We have to get rid of some evil demons in this town called Constance for 5 million jewel." That's a lot of money. I gladly accepted. I was about to ask Gray and Erza.

I started walking towards Erza first when I saw Gray with some girl. She had long black hair and a band around her left arm. Selina.

How dare he date my bestie without my permission! I don't want her to get hurt. Erza accepted the request then I started to storm towards Gray and Selina. Gray, stood up and said.

"What do you want Flame Brain?" He starts. "Get away from my bestie! Selina, come here right now!" Before Gray could answer, Selina says.

"No, I love him. Why does it matter to you?"

"You're my best friend and I don't want you to be with him." I say. "She can be with who she wants. You're not in charge of her anyway." Gray says.

"I agree with Gray, Natsu." Erza says. "Selina can fend for herself and can come to you when she needs you."

"Can I join in on the job?" Selina asks. Lisanna nods and so do Gray and Erza. Ugh, I don't want to see Selina getting hurt. I'm just worried. Selina and I go way back.

We have been friends since Igneel and Uni have disappeared. We lost touch a few months after we couldn't find our dragons.