Forty two

"I remembered those days" he smiled. Tumingin naman ako sa kanya at bumalik ang tingin sa natutulog naming anak.

"What days?" Tanong ko habang nakatingin parin kay Kernel.

"Those good old days" he chuckled. Kumunot naman ang noo ko at tumingin sa kanya.

"Those nights with you" he said seriously.

"Ah oo yung mga gabing pumupunta ka lang para magpasarap" I flatly said.

"Iyan ba ang tingin mo? Pumupunta lang ako para matikman ka?" Matabang niyang sabi.

"Yes"

Lumapit siya sa akin at hinawakan ang pisngi ko. Di naman ako tumingin sa kanya.

"That's not true. You're so special to me" He gently said.

"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes.

He shook his head at hinaplos niya ang pisngi ko. He kissed my cheek.

"Ano na naman ba? Stop playing with me again, Nate" medyo inis kong sabi.

"I'm not playing with you, Yndi. I know we have this issue and I'm trying to understand why fate always wants us to be together" he seriously said.

"Ano ka? Confuse ka sa nararamdaman mo? Wag mo nang isipin pa. You and I will not be together. Isipin mo nga! maraming hadlang" pagod kong sabi.

"Nagsimula tayo sa mali. Walang magandang patutunguhan to" dagdag ko pa.

"I never wanted for us to start that way. You were the one who decided for us to be just-- i don't know? Fuck buddies?" He frustratingly said.

"Because that's what we felt! You don't have feelings for me back then. You were just enjoying my company because we always have sex. Di ba yan lang naman?" I rhetorically asked.

"Is that what you think?" He asked.

"Putangina mo! Oo!! You were the one who told me to not fall in love with you because it was just plain sex" medyo tumaas ang boses ko.

"I was saving you from my mess" he gently said.

"Putangina! Mess?? Eh ano palang tawag mo dito? Binuntis mo ako kahit alam mong ikakasal ka na! You even left me and Kernel for Jessica. But I did not complain! You never heard of me after that scandalous fight! Pero ikaw tong lapit ng lapit sakin" sobrang inis kong sabi.

"I never wanted for this to happen. I never wanted to hurt you. Did you know how lonely i was when you went abroad?" He calmly said.

"You were just lonely because you have no one to fuck with" Mahina kong sabi.

"I met Jessica when you left me hanging. I courted her just to test my feelings for you. She loved me the way i wanted you to love me" he said seriously.

"Are playing the victim? I was the one who was left behind" i said.

"Still in denial huh? I remembered you telling me that what we had was pure lust. You blocked me on facebook, you changed your number. Di ka nagpakita sakin" He said.

"That was the right thing to do" I calmly said.

"No it wasn't"

"Nate please? I was saving my self for a heartbreak that time. I started having feelings for you."

"That's why you told me that were just fuck buddies beacause you were scared na ako ang magsabi nun. Clever but selfish" Sabi niya.

"What's your point?" I asked confusedly

"Those were signs, the truth and dare it lead me back to you, your pregnancy and ofcourse  Kernel. The fate wants us to be together"

"The fate also engaged you with Jessica"

"Who said were still engaged?" He asked and claimed my lips.