Chapter 13 ~ Farewell, My Friend.

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

Eren's POV:

It was first my arms that went numb. They felt tingly, as the only thing I could do is stare at my now dead, best friend.

Her skin looked slightly pale-no, really pale-as her lips were slightly parted. Her cold, grey eyes stared straight ahead. Small groups of jet black hair covered her face. Her gaze was fixed to the ceiling, but I had a good enough few from here.

My vision instantly blurred, and I let my tears fall. One of my best friends died. Dead. Gone.

I really couldn't get the thought clarified, I told myself it was all a dream and I'd wake up soon enough. The curtain slid back as my grip loosened. I heard the door open and the shuffling of squeaky shoes, pounding of high heels, and the clump of some kind of hunting boots.

A feminine sob rang out in the room and echoed. A hushing voice coaxed the woman and she eventually stopped sobbing, only sniffling now and then.

Oh Mikasa, what happened?

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

-Flashback-

I woke up on September 2, hearing the shrill of my alarm clock.

School meant people, which meant Jean would be there to bully me, and homework. I would definitely fail this year.

The bright side was soccer, my favorite sport of all time. Track was too much running, baseball too small of a ball, basketball was mainly indoors, football was meant for the jocks-what's so great about football? It's just sweaty guys running around in tights. I've heard they get paid more then men and women in the army.

Not much activities captured my interest, and soccer was simple. Of course, you needed to perfect certain skills to be on certain teams.

The advertisement said we started today after school. I'd need to get some socks from the Activities Office.

Armin would run for Student Council, Mikasa would join track, swimming, and/or Yearbook. Jean, sadly, also played soccer, same with Marco, Reiner, Bertolt, Connie, and some others.

I took another look at my alarm clock, 6:03am. Rolling out of my warm blankets, I decided it was time to start my day.

I didn't remember the first day because hey, it's the first day, it was what happened.

I was one of the last ones in the locker room and noticed Jean talking to Marco as I chanted mentally, please don't notice me.

I quickly slid off my shirt and put it in my bag. Jean was now closely by, he made one of his smart remarks.

"Nice body, Jaeger. Could've used that five months ago." I bit my tongue angrily, turning towards my locker.

"Leave me alone." It came out more harsh then intended.

"And if I don't?" I put on the jersey that was given to us twenty minutes prior to now.

"You'll be sorry." I growled, hurriedly gathering my things. By now, everyone except Jean and me were gone.
Unexpectedly, he pinned me up against a locker.

"I know your secret, Jaeger. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone." He was inches from my face, making me uncomfortable underneath his grasp.

He raised his hand, not punching me, but putting it on my face and kissing me. I internally gagged and almost pushed him back.

He left me in the locker room, questioning the last couple of minutes. If Jean liked me, why would he bully me? He was into Mikasa, he blushed every time she walked past. Maybe he tried to make me uncomfortable. Walking to the fields, I spent minutes thinking of an answer, drawing up nothing.

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

A/N: sorry but I HAD TO. and I'm gonna clear some things up-that was his memory/flashback from the year before. this update was full of gay. C;< I'M SEEING THE MAZE RUNNER THIS WEEKEND WOOHOO. vote & comment opinions or fangirl attacks or otps, I really don't care cx AND TY FOR 1.1K+ reads :3 I may stop doing A/N's.
xoxo,
~Grace