Chapter 38 ~ Reunited?

Eren's POV:

Honestly, I had no idea what to think. It's not everyday someone you love comes back from the dead. Unless you're John Watson.

I am John Watson.

Meaning I'm the sidekick.

Excuse my references.

I look at Levi beside me in my bed. I don't remember how we got here in the first place, or what happened. Or why my head is pounding.

I click my phone on, analyzing the screen. 9:57am. Wednesday. What was I forgetti-?

School. Great.

I'm already late, so why even bother?

Rolling, I stood up and bent various ways to crack my back. I've never liked the sound of it, it always sounded like glass cracking.

Should I get breakfast? My stomach signaled whale sounds, so I travelled to my small kitchen and observed my choices.

Cereal, pancakes, the usual. Pancakes taste better, but take too long to make.

I got out a bowl and some milk, looking down at myself and remembering my old muscular build. Now I was flabby and all squishy. I poked my stomach, making it send ripples upward.

Footsteps slapped against the wooden floor as a kiss on my cheek greeted me from behind, as well as a slap on the behind. I looked at Levi, flustered.

"Good morning, cherry cheeks." My face grew heated as he chuckled and looked down at my breakfast choice.

"I can whip something up beside this bland decision." He said as he inspected the face of the cereal box.

"Go ahead," I mumbled, slightly wanting my cereal.

~

Within the next twenty minutes, Levi indeed made something far greater than soggy wheat.

"Bomber vers le haut!" Every plate had an edible item on it. The first had a stack of golden french toast, a light trail of steam indicating it's hot, the second with a variety of colorful fruits, the third with fluffy gold hash browns.

"How'd you make all of this? I didn't have any of these ingredients."

"I looked through your mess of a cupboard, reorganized, and voila!" I smiled and dished up, silently thanking Levi.

"Don't you have school today?"

"You're not my dad, don't tell me what to do." He took off my kitchen apron, washed his hands, and turned the TV on.

"An innocent i-" The channel changed. Levi constantly changed the channel until he stopped at one, his jaw dropping.