Chapter 48 ~ Exposure

I hate myself for doing this but...

-x-

Eren's POV:

Levi and I sat in a small cafe next to the airport. Recently, we had gotten off the plane, in desperate need of some food. And, a little bit of American fun later.

"What do you think of America to compared to France?"

"Well they have more pointy faces, thicker accents, better tasting pastries, more parks with romantic gardens." I smiled at the memory of Levi proposing to me.

"I love it there, I'd move there but I also enjoy America." We picked up some French accent for staying there for two weeks. Not completely, but a few words here and there. Ze instead of the, zat instead of that, small fragments of speech like that.

After being surrounded by them for two weeks, it makes me want to shoot myself. Or them.

Anyways, we finished eating and had a very long ride home. We'd settle here for a few hours, and later go to a club.

Tonight my club virginity was going to be taken. And hell, I was nervous. Levi could show me the ropes.

I thought back to the day where I first met him. I was shaking, nervous, on the verge of having an anxiety attack, so fearful of him. Now I was by his side, in the passenger seat of his car, engaged.

"Eren, are you okay?" He turned towards me and I felt my face, tears were falling.

"I'm fine, I promise. They're happy tears Levi, happy tears." He smiled and grabbed my hand, gently stroking the back of my hand.

For once, things were looking bright. An angency sent us an email about adopting, my sadness is slowly drifting, and everything is clear in my life. I can see again, I'm not blinded by the clouds in the sky. The window broke, so I had to pick up the shards. In the process, I was hurt, but now I have a clear view of where I'm going, of who I am. Life gets better, make sure you're there to see it.

-x-

I was conscious when I felt the same warm hand shaking my shoulder. My toothless smile came into play as I unbuckled my seat belt, seeing our apartment building.

Levi had a job as a cook in a restaurant nearby, and I was working three jobs for the baby. I always remembered that his restaurant had the best burgers, well, before I went vegan.

He's great at a lot of things, especially carrying my burden around. Sometimes, I am a burden, but a majority of the time, I'm not. Sure, I'll always have insecurity, but I feel so alive again. Maybe travelling lifted my depression, but it ju-.

"Oi! Eren!" I jumped out of the car and ran to get things in the trunk. I snuck my phone out and saw many messages from many people.
The first three were from Armin.

From: Armin, Received at 8:32 AM Today
hey eren we havent talked in forever man! call me when you get this

From: Armin, Received at 11:56 AM Today
yo eren u back yet?

From: Armin, Received at 6:09 PM Today
c'mon man.. speak !1!!@!

Hm, Armin usually had better structured sentences. I texted him back:

From: Me, Sent at 8:01PM
hi armin :) we just got back! france was awesome, and i'm sorry we never talk, man. maybe you could meet us at a club tonight?

I sighed and clicked my phone off. There's no way in heaven or hell I could arrange this within an hour. 8 unread messages.

From: Mikasa, Received at 3:12 AM Today
hi Eren! I heard your coming home from France! i just wanna say I hope you had a fun time!