Chapter 20 ~ New Obsession

(@⌒ー⌒@)

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

Eren's POV:

It was around 9pm when I woke up wrapped in warm, muscular arms. Levi's face looked peaceful. There was a hint of a smile written on his face.

Softly rolling, I got up to get something to satisfy my hunger.

Roaming about the kitchen, I started to reach for a cup when I decided not to-we all know how that ended the last time.

I searched the fridge for a water bottle, to my surprise, there was several. Grasping the cool plastic surface, I took it out and closed the fridge.

The bottle felt cold against my touch, and I noticed how cold the cabin was.

Strolling to the fireplace, I turned it on. It wasn't really fancy, but it had a neat operating system.

I sat on a raggedy couch, wrapping a knitted blanket around me, enjoying the radiating warmth from the fire.

-Flashback-

It was near Christmas, and I loved the nature at this time of the year. The cold was okay, today it didn't matter.

Jean has been a creep lately, towards Armin, Marco, and me. I see the way he looks at them.

Armin and Jean? No. Gross.

Jean tried stealing everything from me. Attention, friends, answers, pencils. He was a pest that needed to be exterminated. But killing him would get me in prison. Maybe a stab with a butter knife?

Okay, I need to stop thinking violently and focus. I saw Jean-why do I always see him?-outside of our local grocery store, ringing a bell for some charity. He stood beside Marco, a snowflake scattering all about. The lot was empty, and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Jean leaned in, and Marco did hesitantly.

I smirked to myself, watching from afar. Marco and Jean were cute together. I didn't want to invade their privacy, so I slipped away to my favorite shop, Hallmark.

Opening the glass doors, bells jungled and warmth hit me like bricks. The smell of cinnamon wafted through the air.

I looked through the collection of holiday glass figures, smiling at the individuality of them. The next figure was a couple holding hands.

Would I ever be happy like that?

-end of flashback-

I turned on the rectangular screen and surfed through the channels. Something called "Supernatural" was on. The description said 'Pilot' and some other stuff I didn't bother to read a mass of words when it could be verbally explained.

Hey, it just started, too.

~

I woke up with a blanket, water bottle, and a flickering fire. It felt like a blink of sleep.

Moments later, Levi came out sleepily.

"Eren, what in the hell could you be doing at this ungodly hour?" It read 3:58am.

"I was watching Supernatural! I fell asleep, but otherwise..."

"How do you feel?" He sat down by me, and put his hand to my forehead.

"Dizzy, hungry." His eyes widened as he swallowed. He got up and came back with the thermometer. I opened my mouth and he shoved it in.

A minute later, a beep sounded. He examined my temperature.

"What is it...?"

"One o four. I think we should get you checked out to see what's happening with you."

"Maybe this is the effects of being a..." I didn't feel comfortable saying it, and we each knew what I trailed off at.

"Wouldn't it have worn off by now?"

"I-I really don't know..." I stood up, shaky. Compared to Levi, I towered over him. I smiled down at him, placing a kiss on the tip of his nose.

"Maybe in the morning it'll lower?" I shook my head at him.

"Let's hope."

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*