Chapter 29 ~ Awkward Encounter Part 1

a/n: omg credit to VolumeStruck for this chapter idea c:

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

-a few days later-

Eren's POV:

"ASSHOLE!" Levi yelled at the person that stole his parking place. He had terrible road rage, and I heard it almost everyday.

"Calm down, it's not the end of the world. And besides, there's various amounts of parking places."

"Yeah, but that spot was rightfully mine!"

"Don't get your midget tits in a twist." He grunted before sharply turning to pull into a different space.

"Why are we here again?"

"For college stuffs," He had a surprisingly cute pout stuck to his face. "The only open spots are handicapped."

"Well, we're screwed. Looks like we're gonna have to walk."

"I am not parking in another lot and walking all the way to this one just because 'there isn't a parking space'!"

"You could park in the handicapped spaces."

"Eren, that's illegal."

"Looks like we need to park in a different lot." A sudden space opened, and Levi rushed to get it when someone nearly crashed into them and took it.

"ASSHAT!" He honked his horn, gladly flicking off the reckless driver.

"LEVI, DESTRESS THE BREASTS." He gave me a queer look before laughing his balls off. It took several minutes, but we finally found a parking space.

~

"I don't wanna go to college," Levi whined as we strolled down a dorm aisle.

"I don't want to go to school, but it's 'mandatory'." I did my best to do air quotes with my fingers, in result I failed and dropped the basket. "Verdammt." I quietly muttered.

"You know German?"

"Ja, ich bin halb Deutsch." (Yes, I am half German)

"I know German, French, and Japanese."

"Say something in French." I smiled, wishing I knew the sui generis language.

"Je te aime." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Ich liebe dich, zu." I didn't know French, but I knew je te aime from anywhere.

~

"Is that everything for you?" The perky Target employee asked.

"Oui," Levi nodded.

"Quelles autres langues parlez-vous?"

"Allemand et Japonais."

"Très intéressant." She replied. I felt very vacuous not knowing French.

"Passez une bonne journée!" She called out as we left.

"What did you gu-"

"We conversed in French about languages, And she told me to have a good day." We loaded the bags into the car and sped off.

I fell asleep to the humming of the engine, and the calming motion of the car.

~

"What do you wanna do since you only have a few days left bef-"

"Must I not be reminded? Mon Dieu!" He sighed as we took a turn leading to Levi's apartment.

"I don't want to encounter your roommate, what if he doesn't like me?"

"Bloody hell! What does his opinion matter?" Levi doesn't really talk about his roommate, except that he's a cul paresseux, whatever that means.

"I-I think it matters how I am in other people's perspectives."

"That won't even matter in a year Eren!" It will if he's the person that gets between us.

"So did he already go to college?"

"Yeah, he's 23. He finally got out last year, and he's been living with me ever since."

"How could you guys be friends if you're four years apart?"

"I was a freshie, and he was a senior at the time. We met at a barbarous party. Everyone was drunk, getting laid, or both. Things didn't end so great for twenty or so girls, and I didn't think it would."

"I see," I felt kind of bad for Levi for being so young and witnessing so many terrible things.

We pulled up to the vacant and gloomy lot, easily scoring a parking space. We carried the freight of supplies all the way to Levi's apartment.

We were greeted by a tall, masculine-wait a minute, this was my history teacher.

Levi was roommates with my history teacher?

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*