Chapter 40 ~ Proposal

Jean's POV

Staring at the clock, I fantasized what Marco and I could do tonight.

We could show each other our mix tapes, bake, butt fuck, the possibilities are endless.

My gazed shifted around the room, my last hour was the most boring-Science.

The teacher was too quiet, didn't have an interesting curriculum, and captured the look of a pedophile.

He pointed to an element on the periodic table and wrote down an equation. We were working on balancing both sides of a chemical equation-a piece of cake.

Scratching down answers, a thought popped into my mind. The ring.

I was scared, hell I was so nervous I could piss myself.

Two years ago, I had a thing for Armin. It's faded by now, and I've been with Marco ever since. I also remember that one time where I pinned Jaeger up against a gym locker and kissed him-gag.

I went around, I've been with a lot of girls and guys. At one point in time Mikasa was hot, but now I'm disgusted by the fact I wanted to get in her pants. My virginity was lost to a girl, but I've also been bottom with guys. Sometimes.

Now, Marco was my everything. He was there when no one else was, he's genuine, we love each other each and every way.

Tonight my plan was to take him out to a restaurant, and propose to him there. Of course, there may be anti-gays, so that's why I also thought of Plan B, going to a carnival and winning him a prize, with the ring on it. Of course, they're both cheesy, but it will always be remembered.

The bell snapped me out of my thoughts as I flinched, gathering my papers and heading out as fast as I could.

I know we're only 17, but I love him, and know he feels the same. The ring is in my drawer at home, meaning I'd have to stealthily sneak it away, my mom doesn't know about Marco. Not yet.

-x-

I nervously shifted as I saw freckles greet me at the table.

"Sorry I came so late," he blushed.

"It's okay, babe." I scratched my head.

"I wish you didn't go all out for me, I'm not that special."

"It's no big deal, I did it because I love you." He blushed and said the same.

We ordered our food, with the drinks shortly arriving.

Man, I hope tonight wouldn't drag like this.

-x-

It was the middle of dinner, and I was a nervous wreck. Angst rose in the pit of my stomach, sweat coating everywhere.

It was now or never.

-x-

It was late, as Marco slurred loving words in my ear. He stuck out his left hand and admired the shiny gold ring.

Linked arms, we travelled down the pathway to his apartment when Mr. Smith bumped into us.

"Oh uh, excuse me." He looked at us uncomfortably, clearing his throat.

"Sorry sir, that won't happen again." Marco replied.

"Lies! All lies!" He pounced on Marco, with the two rolling into an alleyway.

"Hey, get off of him!" He stayed on top, as Marco was weakly attempting to push him off.

Mr. Smith started to rip Marco's flesh, as if he hated every bit of him. His scream pierced my ears as I could do nothing, drunk from the proposal.

I dialed 9-1-1 and told them my shit. Marco's face was scratched in half, as gory as his arm dangling out of its socket. You could see the torn muscle, the damaged tissue and the effects of the blade.

Mr. Smith had a knife on him, and he could do quite the job with it.

Authorities rushed to the scene, pulling everyone apart.

"M-Marco... a-are you?" He was unconscious, possibly dead. My body trembled as I rode in the back of the ambulance to the hospital, wanting Mr. Smith dead now more than ever.

-x-

a/n: sorry for the short chapter, and it's kinda weird and stuff (ノ^0^)ノ + sorry I haven't updated in 5ever I'll try to get in another one soon! I'm also writing another story, I'll give more details soon. ♡ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・✧