Chapter 18 ~ Nightmares

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

Eren's POV:

It's been days since I last transformed into a titan, making me extra cautious about everything I do.

"Don't worry." Levi grumbled as he rolled onto his side.

"But.... what if a transformation randomly happens?"

"I don't think it can." I paced around the small bedroom, sighing with defeat. "Oh, come on. Just go to sleep." He yawned and turned off the dimly lit lamp, the room devoured in black.

I sit on the bed and lay next to Levi. He pulled me into a cuddling hug, his warmth radiating wildly.

"Goodnight Eren."

"Goodnight Levi." But I didn't fall sound asleep, unlike Levi. My thoughts carried me to my previous nightmares.

Levi was there, with the surroundings broken, ignited with flames, and civilians running for their dear life. I, however, must've been on the top of a roof, my perspective was very high.

Levi doesn't show any sign of fear as a fraction of deadly cement landed on him, slowly crushing what life remained. A giant foot stepped on him, a crimson puddle oozing from beneath the small amount of debris.

Why does this dream always come back to me? Is it a sign?

I knew if I slept, the dreams would rush back. Just like they always did.

-

I woke up in a cold sweat. It was 4:26am as the reoccurring nightmare took place of my thoughts.

I shakily stood up and made my way to the kitchen, grabbing a cup of water. Pouring the liquid into my mouth, I felt it hydrating my throat as I swallowed. Small streams of water poured over the side of the glass as I thirstily gulped until the cup was empty.

I next decided to wash a minuscule amount of dishes.

Running the water, I inhaled deeply, and exhaled. My heartbeat was rapid and out of order.

I gaped at the hole in the roof that yet needed fixing, and felt a trail of steam signaling the water was ready.

I picked up my cup and used a sponge with an orange dish soap spread along the spongey surface to scrub the filth out of my previously used glass. Scrubbing, I heard a crack, and looked down to my hands intertwined with glass and blood.

Everything from there was a blur. An orange lightening bolt struck me, and I transformed into a titan once again.

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

A/N: I feel like my chapters are getting sloppy so sorry if they are! ;-; and vote for sooner updates! c: thank you all so much for 2,400+ reads :')

xoxo,

~Grace