Chapter 14 ~ Recovery

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

Levi's POV:

Sighing, I got out of my Prius and entered the hospital. It was such a delay due to early morning traffic. I moderately jogged to the reception desk and chatted quickly with the man on the early morning shift.

"Yeah, he's in room 609, Level D." I nodded a thanks and swiftly ran to the stairs-which was a bad idea-getting there 20 minutes belated.

I softly knocked and got no response. I opened the door and saw Eren sleeping. A curtain was slightly drawn back, revealing a portion of him. His arms hung loosely over the bed side, his mouth somewhat ajar, and a small drool line.

I closed the door behind myself harder then intended. Looking back at the peaceful sight, he started to stir. His eyes flittered open, looking more blue then green.

I walked to the other bed, which was empty, and sat on the edge.

"How long have you been here?" He asked, propping himself up on an elbow.

"A while. Guess who made the news?" He groaned and depropped his elbow.

"Did I really? I mean, there's more important things we could turn our focus onto." I saw a small scar underneath his right eye, and barely a bruise on his jaw, and under his eye. Otherwise, he didn't look too bad.

"It was the only thing interesting to report." He sighed and shook his head. "And how did you end up here?"

"Well... I can't remember. M-must've hit my head." I squinted for a second. He usually stuttered when he was pressured, or lying.

"No really, you can tell me."

"What can I share if I don't r-remember?" He was staring at the blank ceiling. Avoiding my gaze, another gesture to prove he's lying.

"Nothing." I tried to act more normal than suspicious, and I did an okay job. "You can rest because you don't look too good." He smiled at my reply, and turned to face the wall. I got up from the bed and left him to be.

As time goes on, things will get better. I thought as I went back to my car,

Boy was I wrong.

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*