Chapter 17 ~ Explanation

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

Eren's POV:

(Flashback)

I see Mikasa dead, or what I saw was her. She looked so much like her, was it?

Her hair was longer, and her jaw was less sharp then Mikasa's. Mikasa was okay. But who was it..?

Mikasa's mom. Nothing was ever mentioned to me about her, did this recently happen?

Ow. Too much thinking. My eyes were threatening to close, and I allowed them.

(End of Flashback)

~

l wake up in a messy cloud of steam, and a ginormous steaming body attached to my limbs. I see Levi, bloody and bruised. What happened?

The giant body was a titan's body. Why was I attached to it? Was I eaten by one? No, titans are extinct. Was I the titan?

After ripping myself from the flesh, I make my way over to Levi, frequently tripping and bumping against furniture. Outside is a crowd of terrified people with their cellphones out, ready to dial 9-1-1.

"What happened?" Petra. Her hair shined like a raging fire. Her hazel eyes brightly sparkled with the morning sunlight reflecting off of them. It was rumored she was my mom's best friend, but that was over 16 years ago. Every year when I came here with my dad, Petra came here at the same time with her own. The two of them were close friends, I wonder what happened since then...

"Oh, well you see...." I scratched the back of my head in desperate call for an idea. "I was boiling macaroni for an early lunch, but this and that happened, resulting in a small fire. It's out now, the smoke is fading." She laughed lightly at my stupidity.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay!" So she didn't see the titan? Interesting.

"Yeah, thank you for checking in on me."

"Tell your dad I said hi!" She shooed her group of kids away, and the other lodgers left.

Finding Levi against the closet door, I attempted to pick up the rather muscular midget and wondered how we got from totally awkward to where we now are. I smiled as I threw him onto the table roughly, it broke underneath him.

"Fan-fucking-tastic..." I said to myself sarcastically. "Stupid!" I face palmed hardly and dragged him to the bedroom, lightly pushing his heavy body onto the bed.

I got a dish rag as I passed the titan, noticing the amount of steam drastically reduced. It had little remnants of flesh and bone.

I took a rag and cleaned Levi's face, occasionally running into and cleaning the cuts on his face.

He stirred as his face remained expressionless. He mumbled a few words.

"You will .... be the .... death of .... me..." He jerked awake and saw he was in my presence. He calmed down and took my hand, softly running over the pads of my fingers.

"What did you dream about?"

"Ah, it wasn't anything important. It's the fact that I haven't had a dream in six years is what made me freak." I could sense a small and quiet amount of fear.

"Levi, what happened earlier?" He closed his eyes and groaned, sitting up and his gaze piercing into mine.

"You turned into a titan." My limbs went floppy and felt nothing. My hands were limp in Levi's.

"I-I did? B.... but how?"

"That part confuses me still to this minute." I should be ashamed of myself, especially for not knowing about being a titan.

"How long has it been since I turned into a titan?" I asked him.

"Eren, I'm not a clock." He deadpanned as I felt my face grow hot with embarrassment from my stupidity.

"I can hardly remember anything, like being in a titan. It was like I was revisiting a memory." I decided to lay beside Levi, his gaze meeting mine. A few minutes of silence passed and I began to drift off.

"Go take a shower, you smell like shit." I laughed as I sat up, and made my way to the cabin's shower.

The kitchen roof had a giant hole, but the titan body and steam were gone.

Maybe a hot shower could clear my confusion.

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

A/N: yeah, kind of confusing, but to clear things up, Mikasa isn't dead! When Eren was in the titan, he was like having a dream/flashback (like he did in the episode when he was a titan) and that flashback explained what happened that day. holy 🐮, I can't believe I've gotten 2000+ reads! stay rad, and you can vote for sooner updates c: