Chapter 28 ~ Approval

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

Eren's POV:

-7 days later-

I smiled at my dirty, oily midget. He really did it, he proved himself to me.

~

Day 1:

"I'm staying here with your punk ass if you jump with joy or not." He crossed his arms with a smirk on his face.

"I don't think the nurse will approve." He slipped out a perilous Swiss Army knife.

"I'm sure she will." Idiot. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

I decided to sleep as he decided to stay, making me irritated and uncomfortable, even though a sliver of me wanted to forgive him.

Day 2:

Levi shifted in his chair uncomfortably as he noticed the greasiness of his hair and skin. I shifted uncomfortably, a tugging inside of me wanting to forgive him.

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

"What time is it?"

"Noon. The nurse came in earlier, telling me you have series of tests they need to take." I groaned, restrained from my handcuffs.

"Can you take these off?"

"Tch, nice try, brat. They have the keys."

"Don't you know where they are?"

"Maybe, but you aren't getting any word from me." I turned to face opposite from him when a nurse came into the room.

Oh great, medicine and needles.

Day 3:

I woke up, a throbbing sensation continuously pounding as I saw a sleeping Levi.

I remember the first time I met Levi, intimidated, scared. Now I was between irritation and love.

Love? We have never told each other those three words, often misused or hidden due to shyness and afraid of judgement.

I looked at my scars and flashes of memories from that night played.

-Le Flashback-

I stumbled outside, dizzy from blood loss. I looked up and saw an orange bolt of lightening shoot me. My body instantly grew, and my memory blanked.

~

I woke up in my front yard, asleep and weak. Managing to get inside, I forgot to lock the doors. Frantically, I scavenged my dads room until I found the treasured item-a bottle of pills.

I hurriedly ran down the steps, losing my balance at the bottom of them and face planting.

I couldn't even walk down the stairs without fucking up.

I decided to lock my beastly self away from the world, not desiring to cause it any more harm. There wasn't a note, apologizing for my mistakes. There wasn't some dramatic post on tumblr claiming I was going to die. I rocked back and forth on my bed, hyperventilating, my vision edged with black.

The cap easily popped open, and out the pills clicked against the bottle. My hands were shaky, you couldn't blame me for being scared.

I tilted my head back, and dry swallowed the pills. My last thought was the intimidating, mysterious, midget that managed to capture my heart, and guide it's love in his direction.

-x-

Day 4:

Puzzling results were received today as Levi read over them.

I smiled at him, noting the cuteness of his glasses perched on the brim of his nose.

He glanced at me and caught my smile.

I turned towards the wall in embarrassment.

"I saw that, brat." I rolled over onto my other side, away from Levi. I fought the urge to smile, but I lost, giving the wall a toothy grin.

Day 5:

The nurses provided two breakfast platters, knowing that Levi wouldn't move.

"Do you have an extra sausage?" Levi transferred his meat to my plate, being the vegetarian he is. He crunched on a piece of my toast, casually wiping the crumbs off his face.

"I wonder if your friends got the news."

"They didn't, it would explain the lack of visitors." I sighed, disappointed in them.

A moment of silence passed before inevitable conversation struck.

"Why are you still here? Wouldn't you like to sleep in the comfort of your bed? Or eat in the comfort of your kitchen?"

"As much as I'd like that, I won't back down from proving my point. If I backed down now, I'd advance all this way for nothing. And I know you secretly relish my presence."

"I do no-"

"Eren, your ears are red. I know you're fibbing." I lightly laughed and gave up, he knew me too well.

Day 6:

My handcuffs were removed sometime in the middle of the night. I rubbed my wrists and felt a sting on some parts of my forearm.

I saw Levi shift uncomfortably in his chair, asleep. With minuscule remnants of strength left, I heaved him to the bed so we could cuddle together.

It was a difficult task, but I managed. I pulled the sheets up and faced him, putting my arm around him and pulling him close, breathing in the faded scent of my boyfriend.

Today/Day 7:

How could a clean freak like Levi spend seven days without cleansing himself? It almost astonished me that he stuck with his promise.

I gained another perspective after habituating here for a week, and struck with various painting and drawing ideas.

Levi opened his eyes and turned to me, stretching in the twin sized hospital bed.

"Good morning." He cleared his throat before sitting up.

"When's checkout time?"

"I think it's noon, but I'll check again." He scratched his head and yawned.

He soon came back with a pile of clothing and a water bottle. He threw the clothes at me.

"We can checkout any time." Excitedly, I grabbed my clothes and went into the hospital's bedroom to change.

~

"What shall we do first?" I was sparkling with enthusiasm, fueled and ready.

"I have an idea." We headed to his car and got in.

"Where are w-"

"You'll soon find out." We waited in silence for mere minutes before we arrived at my house.

"What are we doing here?" He took out his key and hopped out, as I decided to do the same.

Walking rather fast, we entered the comfort of my home. I was about to sit down when Levi dominantly pushed me into a wall, his arms holding me firmly in place.

"Eren Jaeger, we're going to play video games."

*:・✧*:・✧・:*✧・:*

a/n: i'm gonna write another story since this one will soon be ending! (yay or nay?) i'll notify you guys when it's up, and thank you for 8k+ reads