✰ 4. fireworks ✰

brooke and vanjie were sat on top of brookes porch in toronto, awaiting the yearly firework show. after brooke found out that vanjie had never seen fireworks in real life and that she'd only ever seen them on tv, she had to take her to see them.

the view from brookes porch was amazing: all the stars were bright and visible, and even though it was a little bit cold, it was as close as they could get the the firework display. people lined the streets to see it, but brooke and vanjie definitely had the best view.

"this is gorgous!" vanjie exclaimed.

"you havent even seen the fireworks yet!"

vanjie was sat in brookes lap, holding her hands whilst brookes arms were draped over her.

"10, 9, 8..." the people on the street shouted from below.

"they're gonna start!" brooke said happily, squeezing vanjies hand.

"3, 2, 1!"

they exploded into a flash of light. vanjie tensed a little as they first began and brooke pulled her closer, but after the first moment of shock had passed vanjie relaxed, an awestruck expression on her face.

the fireworks lit up her eyes, a frenzy of colour washed over them. her mouth was parted slightly, in fear and amazement and she spun around to look at brooke, a wide smile plastered to her face. brooke smiled back, happy to see her so excited over something as trivial as a firework display. another particularly loud one went of and vanjies eyes widened but brooke just gave her a reassuring smile and held her just a little bit tighter.

after a few more minutes the fireworks ended, leaving brooke and vanjie sat on the roof in silence.

"what'd you think of them?" brooke asked.

"a little loud. but they were so fucking pretty!" vanjie said happily. "uh, brooke?"

"yeah vanj?"

"when are the next ones?"

brooke chuckled to herself and smiled. how did she get this lucky?

word count: 310

-A