✰ 32. meeting the family ✰

the first time roy met danny's mum was the most stressful experience of his life.

he knew how much danny's relationship with his mum meant to him, so he felt extra stressed. he wanted to make a good impression, so he did his best to look as good as possible.

the whole car journey his leg bounced anxiously, and danny placed his hand on his thigh, eyebrows raised.

"you okay roy?" he asked nicely, although he knew what was happening.

"mhmm. yep." roy mumbled, unsure of himself.

"nervous?"

"me? no. never. i don't get nervous."

"if you say sooo..."

they soon arrived at his mums house, and roy sat firmly in his seat, eyeing up the house. danny couldn't help but giggle.

"roy? we're here!"

"what if she dosent like me?" roy stuttered, making eye contact with danny.

"she's going to love you. stop stressing. just be yourself! that's all i'm asking!"

roy took a deep breathe, collected himself and opened the car door, taking danny's hand.

the front door swung open, and danny's mum appeared, running towards the two of them. she embraced danny in a hug, and did the same to roy, who tensed at first but soon melted into it.

"hello! i'm bonnie, come in!" she exclaimed, leading the two into the living room. it was homely, and roy felt comfortable as soon as he sat down.

they ate dinner, home made pizza, and suddenly roy understood why danny liked it so much. bonnie asked more questions, occasionally cracking jokes with roy, who got more comfortable as the night when on (all though it was partially down to the wine that he'd had previously).

soon enough it had gotten late, and he'd found himself sprawled across danny's old bed, arms wrapped around him.

"you do know she loved you, right?"

"she did?"

"duh! she was laughing and joking all night!"

this made roy relax a lot more, and he smiled happily to himself.

"yeah. i like her too! she's so sweet."

"i told you to just be yourself! i'm glad you like her." danny said happily, stroking cirlcles on his hand.

roy was so tired after all the stress from the day had caught up with him, he barely said goodnight before collapsing into a deep sleep. danny chuckled slightly before kissing him on the forehead and mumbling a "goodnight,"

what they didn't know was that bonnie was outside the whole time, beaming with pride at the fact that danny had brought home the best person imaginable.

word count: 422

hey guys! i hope his mums name is actually bonnie haha because i'm pretty sure i read it somewhere. if it's not, please tell me and i'll change it!