✰ 9. no sleep ✰

vanjie sighed loudly as she tossed and turned in bed. she couldn't sleep at all, but didn't want to wake brooke up, who was sleeping peacefully next to her. she got up quietly and made her way to the kitchen to get a drink of water and a biscuit.

she leaned on the counter, staring out of the window at the stars that gathered in the sky. stars always reminded her of her date with brooke, when they watched the fireworks under the millions of constellations that could be seen that clear night.

she felt a pair of arms snake aground her waist and squeaked, spinning around to be met with brooke's concerned face.

"shit, i could have had a heart attack!" vanjie exclaimed over dramatically.

"sorry, why are you up anyway?" brooke's voice was heavy with sleep and vanjie instantly regretted waking her up.

"i just couldn't fall asleep, so i came down here instead."

brooke's face softened as she wrapped an arm around her shoulder. both the girls had trouble sleeping, and when one of them got to sleep
it was a miracle. vanjie was always up with nightmares and brooke was always overthinking, thoughts running at a hundred miles a minute, even at 3:00 in the morning.

"come on boo, let's go back upstairs. i'm actually tired for once."

brooke led her back to the bedroom. she got in bed first, followed by vanjie. she brought her closer to her chest and gently played with her hair. vanjie smiled contentedly, and relaxed into the touch. her eyes began to feel heavy, and at this point she wasn't going to fight the tiredness that was washing over her, slowly but surely.

in a few minutes, brooke could her the gentle snores from next to her and smiled slightly. she closed her eyes waiting for sleep to come. except, sleep didn't come. after going downstairs and coming back up, all her tiredness and willingness to sleep had drained out of her. she stared up at the ceiling with a groan.

well, at least one of them was going to have a good nights sleep.

word count: 359

thank you all so so much for reading this! i'm in shock that it's got to 1k views! i love you all so so much and i'm unbelievably grateful!!💛