✰ 42. car sickness ✰

note: there is a slight mention of sick, anyone with emetaphobia you have been warned! please read at your own risk, your mental health is more important than reading this chapter <3

"roy?" danny mumbled, looking up at roy with wide eyes.

"yeah? what's up dan?"

"feel sick."

at these words roy rested a hand on danny's thigh and tried to comfort him.

"it's alright. we'll stop off at a service station and we can take a break. just hold on for a few more minutes. just breathe."

danny relaxed slightly, closing his eyes and trying to push down the rising feeling in his stomach. a sharp turn almost pushed danny over the edge and he let out a whimper which was greeted with another reassuring squeeze from roy.

"two more minutes dan. your doing great."

they pulled into a service station and roy hurried into a toilet stall with danny, getting him settled on the floor and rubbing his back.

"it's alright. if you need to get it up, i'm here."

danny shook his head stubbornly. "i'm fine. i just need a break. give," he paused "give me five minutes."

despite the reassurance that he wasn't going to throw up, roy didn't stop rubbing soothing circles and tracing mindless patterns on his skin.

"how long is left?" danny asked worriedly, not knowing whether he could carry on in the car for much longer.

"30 minutes, tops. i'll go as fast as i can and when we get to the hotel we can order food and cuddle. how does that sound?"

danny nodded, although he wasn't fully listening. roy walked him to the car and settled him in, holding his hand the whole way to their hotel.

even though dannys car sickness made roy way too stressed for his own good, he'd always help out without complaint. well, without much complaints - he still hated the fact he felt helpless and panicky at the thought of danny feeling horrible but he put all those behind him to make sure that he was okay. and even though it scared him to know there wasn't anything he could do, he always made sure he was there for him in little ways.

word count : 370