✰ 49. birthday ✰

it was roys birthday, and he wanted nothing more that to spend it with danny. sadly, he was still in london performing the last few shows of jamie: the musical and danny was at home.

or so he thought.

he came back from the last show of the day and walked straight into his rented apartment, settling down on the sofa and sighing. he would call danny, but he was concerned about the time zone differences. roys eyes closed, trying to fight back the tears. he was just so fucking lonely, he just wanted to see danny and give him the biggest hug. it was selfish, he knew that deep down, it didn't stop him from wanting it anymore.

a knock on the door sent his stomach in whirls. it was almost eleven at night, who was coming round to his at this time? roy nervously crept towards the door. at this moment he wished he had a small window at his door.

"hello?" he called out, anxiety lacing his voice. "who's out there?"

"open it and find out."

roy knew the voice and instantly swung the door open, revealing a tired looking danny. he jumped into his arms and snuggling close to his neck. tears were flowing and he tried to contain a sob: it was late at night, of course.

"i- fuck ive missed you so much dan!" he mumbled, breathing erratic from the surprise.

"come on, don't get all soppy on me know babes."

danny threw roy down on the bed and tackled him playfully, squeezing him close and cuddling him. only two minutes later he dived up, earning a sad noise from roy.

"almost forgot!" he exclaimed, running to the suitcase he'd thrown on the floor earlier. "happy birthday roy!"

in the box was a little bracelet adorned with meaningful charms and personalised engraved quotes. it brought tears to roys eyes and he looked up gratefully before whispering a "thank you."

a little fluffy teddy bear was also thrown into his arms. it smelt distinctly of dannys signature perfume and he couldn't let go of it.

"something to remember me by when your away from home."

"aww, come here you!"

they lied in bed, enjoying each other's embrace whilst danny traced patterns on the back of roys skin and roy laced a hand through his hair.

let's just say roy had the best nights sleep and the best birthday ever.

word count: 407