✰ 25. horror movies ✰

danny noriega was the king of watching horror movies. nothing ever scared him, in fact most of them just left him wanting to watch another.

roy didn't really like them. it wasn't that he was scared of them, it was the complete opposite. they just seemed so faked to him, it was more of a comedy than a horror.

so when a new scary film was coming out in cinemas, none of them were going to say no.

they sat in their seats, right at the back tucked into a dark corner of the cinema. the film was called "friend request" and danny didn't expect it to be this scary.

they were around half way through it, danny's hand gripping roys, who suspected something was wrong. the screen went dark, and danny pushed himself as far back as he could go, almost trying to hide from it.

then the jumpy bit came. he squeaked, hiding himself in the crook of roys neck.

"danny? you okay hon?" roy asked concerned. he somehow managed to laugh it off, and look back at the screen. it only got worse from that moment on.

the movie finished, and they began to walk home. danny was jumping at every street corner and roy soon noticed.

"okay what's wrong?"

"nothing! i promise. i just wanna get home that's all. tired." he mumbled, uncertainty lacing his voice.

they soon got home and roy went in to the bathroom to brush his teeth, closely followed by danny, who seemed to follow him around like a little lost puppy. he stopped dead in front of the mirror. one of the movies main plots was about mirrors, and danny felt a shiver run down his spine. he hoped roy didn't see, but his prayers went unanswered.

"did that movie actually scare you?" roy asked incredulously.

"no!" danny replied, stubborn. "okay... maybe a bit."

roy took his hand and led him back into the bedroom with a kind smile. he pulled back the covers of the bed and pushed danny on to it, pulling the covers back on top of him before murmuring a quick "wait there,"

he soon came back, armed with a string set of fairy lights he stole from the spare room. roy put them up in silence, almost falling at times which made danny giggle. he turned them on and climbed back into bed.

"i'm sorry," danny whispered. "i'm being stupid."

"hey, no your not! it was a scary film to be honest, you just have to remind yourself it's not real. and i'll be here all night, so you don't have to worry. just go to sleep."

danny soon became aware of how tired he really was, and let his eyes slowly shut.

whilst danny slept roy made a mental note to make sure that movie, and anything from it, would be hidden away. it was weird seeing danny scared over a movie, usually they could laugh together!

roy didn't think it was stupid, and he ended up staying awake, making sure that danny slept peacefully.

word count: 512