✰ 37. compliments ✰

it was no surprise that danny was easily flustered. he didn't know how to take compliments and roy knew that, so he tried to compliment him as much as he could.

"you look gorgeous dan!" roy exclaimed when he walked into the living room, danny on the sofa with his hair naturally wavy. "your hairs looking great lately!"

danny had a look of shock on his face, and he spluttered slightly. a blush was growing across his cheeks and he looked down, embarrassed.

"th-thank you," he mumbled self consciously.

roy sat down next to him and took his hand. "dan?" he said, and danny raised his head. "you look amazing. there's no need to get embarrassed."

roy enveloped him in a hug and he felt danny relax under his touch.

"m'sorry. i just get awkward. don't know how to take compliments."

"well, i think it's adorable,"

every few days it went like this. roy complimenting him on something small and barely noticeable, showing him that he really cared.

when danny started complimenting roy back, he was truly shocked.

it was a usual wednesday, roy and danny making pancakes for breakfast. they had a show tonight, so roy decided to treat danny.

"you, um... look really cute today!" danny stuttered, and roy had a smile plastered across his face.

"dan..." he murmured as he ran over to him, wrapping protective arms around his neck. "i love you,"

"did i do it right?" danny whispered awkwardly, earning a cackle from bianca.

"yes you doofus, of course you did it right."

and that was how it went. stupid, vague compliments but they never ran out of things to say to each other. whether it be as simple as "you look pretty today!" or "your... eyelashes! are looking great!" they always thought of a way to compliment each other.

even though everyone claimed roy had an ice cold, stony heart, danny managed to bring out the best of it. and everyone was thankful. it was a great side of roy to see, and it was a pleasure to see it.

word count: 350