✰ 13. shopping ✰

"pleaseeee?"

"no vanj, we do not need more chocolate,"

brooke and vanjie were doing their weekly shop, which was usually hell for them both: vanjie because she wanted to pick everything up and brooke because she wouldn't let her. oh, and the occasional stares due to them both being in drag.

"how about... this!" vanjie exclaimed.

"a birthday cake? who's birthday is it!"

"someone's in the world! its an excuse to eat cake!"

brooke rolled her eyes and put the cake back. they had to stay in budget, drag hadn't been paying the best this week. it pained brooke to see vanjies heartbroken face everytime she was told to put something back, but she had to do what she had to do.

"i know! why don't we just make a cake? we need flour, eggs, butter and sugar already, so we're not going out of budget!"

brooke couldn't deny that logic. it would be cheaper, and would compromise as a snack for a few days. in fact, it seemed that for once vanjies idea may work. and, they would be able to spend time together making it, something they hadn't really been doing because of their busy schedules.

so they went looking for basic cake ingredients. which turned a few things into a basket full: icing sugar, extravagant cake toppers and decorations. brooke tried to put them back but everytime vanjie would just sneak some more into the cart. really, it was like shopping with a hyperactive four year old.

brooke couldn't complain. she was really looking forward to baking with vanjie, even though she knew that by the end there would be flour all over the flour and they would be picking up small edible beads for the weeks and months to come. but, she wouldn't have it any other way, even if vanjie would soon make her bankrupt with her unnecessary spending habits.

word count: 318

thank you all so so much for 2k views on this book! your all unbelievable and i'm so so happy!