✰ 43. romantic gestures ✰

"where are we going?" danny asked excitedly, jumping up and down like a child.

"you'll see..." roy took his hand and led him down the path to the back garden. it was just turning dark, and danny could see a glimpse of light right before roy covered his eyes. 

at the sudden darkness and loss of vision danny stumbled slightly before gripping roys hand, only to be met with a reassuring squeeze back. slowly and carefully, he guided danny to the shed, which once held a very angry rat.

"royyyyy!" he whined. "i am not going inside the rat shed! over my dead body!"

"dont panic. here, open your eyes." roy took his hand away from his eyes and let danny take in the sight infront of them.

the shed had been cleaned and string fairy lights were delicately hung up around the corners of the roof. there was a small table in the middle with two plates, each filled with little chocolates and cakes: all of which were dannys favourite. he was awestruck with the sight in front of him, and he spun around, practically tackling roy to the ground in excitement.

"i love you!" he mumbled into roys chest, enveloping him closely. "and roy?"

"hmmm?"

"theres definitely no rat?"

roy chuckled and sat him down at the candle lit table, before saying "i got rid of it. its long gone by now, and i doubt its coming back."

danny had already began eating the chocolates . roy was laughing again, earning a confused look from danny.

"what? whats wrong? is there something on my face?" he mocked pearl from season seven, and soon enough he had joined in the giggling. 

"yes, actually," roy spluttered and reached over, wiping a stray piece of chocolate off of dannys face. his hand stopped when he made contact with smooth skin, and he pulled himself closer, leaning in for a sweet kiss. danny didnt deny and carried on the kiss. they broke apart causing a pout from danny.

"you taste like chocolate,"

"really? i didnt really pay attention to what you tasted like"

"maybe you should try again?"

a shy smile grew on dannys face and he eagerly leaned over. he was definitely going to enjoy this romantic night, and would never let roy live it down. not many people knew about the sensitive and romantic side he had, and danny wanted to share it with the world.

lets just say, twitter got its fair share of cute photos that night...

word count: 407