✰ 20. theme park ✰

the season 6 queens were touring the uk, and as a surprise michelle visage had booked tickets to go to alton towers for the day.

for bianca, this was her idea of hell.

screaming children, rides that could derail any minute and probably hadn't had a proper inspection since the 90's. but, of course, her girlfriend thought they were the best things ever made.

adore had always loved rides. the adrenaline, the height and the feeling of weightlessness. the fact that it could crash any minute was just an exciting bonus. she bounced happily at the back of the bus, talking to bianca and courtney.

"do you know they have some of the biggest rides in europe here?" courtney exclaimed, and bianca felt a little more sick at the thought.

"did you hear though? there was a crash on one of the rides like 4 years ago." adore said, eyes wide with what looked like nervous excitement. "im still going on it! will you?" she looked expectingly at bianca and courtney.

"absolutely not." bianca said stubbornly. "i'm not going on anything that's crashed!"

"well i'll go with you adore!" courtney assured, and bianca couldn't help but feel bad about snapping at adore.

they finally arrived and everyone ran to the biggest rides possible, adore dragging bianca behind her. they got to a ride called nemesis, which went upside down and looked faster than anything she'd ever seen in her life.

bianca shook her head stubbornly.

"you can go on it adore, and i'll watch!" bianca suggested and adore sighed, getting courtney to go on instead. bianca felt a pang of guilt building inside her.

"you scared of rollercoasters too?" a voice came from behind her and bianca jumped slightly, turning around to see bendelacreme smiling softly.

"yeah. just look at that! it's not a ride it's a fucking death trap!" bianca said, eyeing it up as if it was going to jump out at her. "maybe it's because we're old."

dela chuckled. "you have told adore your scared right?" bianca shook her head.

"well you know she'll understand. if you tell her you won't feel as bad." dela always knew the right things to say.

as if on cue, adore walked out of the ride, wind swept and laughing with courtney.

"bianca you should have come on! it went upside down and-"

"adore?" bianca cut her off.

"hmm?"

"i'm... scared of rollercoasters."

"oh. you could have told me! hey, i'll get you on one, and you won't look back i promise!"

they walked around the theme park, passing big rides which adore tried to get bianca on, but she refused. they finally stood outside of another big rollercoaster, where laganja and gia stood. bianca rolled her eyes.

"coming on this one bianca? or are you too scared?" laganja teased and adore was fuming, but bianca shut them down.

"yes actually. i am!"

she regretted the words as soon as they came out of her mouth. adore squealed happily and they got in the queue, biancas legs feeling more and more unstable the closer they got to the front. they got strapped into a cart, bianca squeezing adores hand and gripping her close.

"it's gonna be fine. just relax and enjoy it! hey, did you know there was more chance of us dying on the way here than on this ride?"

bianca nodded, adores comment had helped slightly. they set off, slow at first up a hill. it made bianca anxious for the drop, but as it came she realised it wasn't too bad. she still had her eyes closed and squeaked when a particularly big drop came, but other than that she was fine. she even managed to open her eyes and look at adore, who was enjoying it a lot.

they got off the ride and biancas legs felt like jelly, but she gave adore the biggest hug she could.

"i'm so proud of you!" adore said, and bianca smiled with pride.

maybe rollercoasters weren't that bad after all.

word count: 670