✰ 30. sunset ✰

roy held danny's hand affectionately as they walked. it was around 9 o'clock, the sun was just setting, leaving the sky a frenzy of pastel and vibrant shades of all colours: blue, pink, scarlet, violet, and burnt orange littered the scene in front of them. the city wasn't lit up yet, but it was practically glowing from the reflection of the sunset.

"i love this," danny mumbled. that was a trait roy had noticed, whenever danny picked out the small things that made him happy, he got embarrassed. he gave his hand a squeeze.

"me too,"

they sat next to each other, heads rested against the other. roy gave danny a kiss on the forehead and returned to watching the view.

"i don't just mean the sunset." danny clarified. "i mean just spending time with you. being next to you, and just holding your hand. it makes me feel... complete. it's probably stupid i jus-"

danny was cut off by roy, pressing his lips againts his. it was familiar. it was comfortable.

it was home.

and even if they were a million miles away from their actual house, he'd always feel whole with roy by his side, whether he was being roy or bianca.

they had fallen in love, anyone could see that. it was plain to see.

"i love you too dan. your my best friend." roy muttered, and danny blushed slightly.

he never had any affection from his dad growing up, so having roy care for him used to feel foreign. but now, they had grown completely inseparable, and he never felt like a burden, or dead weight.

he felt right.

and he knew sat here with roy, everything would always be right. sat under orange sky's, nothing comes close to the feeling danny felt at the moment.

roy knew this. he knew how insecure danny could get. he knew every little thing about him. he knew that his favourite movie genre was romcom (which came as a suprise). he knew that he had to have at least 7 hours sleep, otherwise he would be moody.

roy knew everything. and he liked it that way. infact, maybe he just liked being with danny.

word count: 369

hey guys! the amount of support i've got on this is incredible, and it makes my day to have people actually commenting. with that said... i've decided to continue the book! the prompts will be posted soon, and it will start as usual from tomorrow!

-A