✰ 22. baking together ✰

"really?" roy said with an unimpressed look on his face. "cookies?"

"remember how it went last time we made a cake! it was so fun!"

"might have been fun, but i was cleaning flour out of every corner for weeks later!"

"i'll promise to be more careful! pleaseeee?"

roy sighed. he knew he couldn't say no to danny looking like this.

"...fine. but any mess and you won't be baking again!"

danny squealed in excitement and dragged roy into the kitchen, where all the ingredients were laid out. he'd really put time and effort into it, and roy couldn't help but chuckle.

"okay what's first?" roy asked, and danny passed him his phone, the recipe loaded up on there.

everything was going well, roy trying his best to make sure danny wasn't eating any of the raw cookie dough, however tempting it may be. roy was completely wrapped up in trying to read the recipe (he really should have put his glasses on first) when he felt something hit his face. it was flour.

"not this again," he rolled his eyes and got a handful of flour himself, blowing it into danny's face.

"now we're equal," danny laughed.

they put the cookies in the oven, and stood with each other, arms wrapped around roy's waist and danny's neck. he stifled a giggle as roy rubbed a sensitive part of his neck. roy looked at him with an evil glare and tickled his neck, sending danny into hysterics as he squirmed away from roy's grip.

they ended up on the floor, legs tangled together, a smile still ghosting danny's lips.

"didn't know you were ticklish."

"didn't know you were so evil!"

"really queen? did you see me on season 6? i roasted each and every one of those bitches. even offered to help pack!"

danny laughed again, but then went into a comfortable silence. the oven timer rang out, making him jump and earning a laugh from roy.

they got out the cookies, and danny had already picked one up.

"don't eat it yet 'cos it'll still be-"

"ow!!"

"i tried to warn ya!"

they headed into the living room, cookies on a plate and a movie in the background. danny's tongue stuck out overdramatically, showing where he'd burnt it.

even though he was a big dork, danny wouldn't want to spend his nights with anyone else.

word count: 400