✰ 5. cinema date ✰

"so, what are we watching?" brooke lynn asked as they walked into the cinema, hands intertwined.

"well, the new IT movie is out!" vanjie exclaimed and brooke gave her the look.

"definitely not. how about the new avengers?"

"i ain't ever seen the old one!"

"okay... how about this? it's called 'love simon'. it looks pretty good!"

vanjie nodded, much to brooke's delight, as they walked to the front to buy their tickets and popcorn. after, they found their seats at the back: reclining ones, which you can get rid of the arm rest to make one big chair. brooke and vanjie got as close as possible, popcorn in between them as the movie started.

they were about three quarters of the way through the movie, and it had left brooke in a puddle of tears. brooke's head was rested on vanjies shoulder, and vanjie was tearing up a little too. by the time the most emotional scene was finished, vanjie was a sobbing mess too.

the movie continued, and a song by troye sivan was playing in the background, and vanjie was now preoccupied with staring at brooke, rather than the film.

Long nights, daydreams
Sugar and smoke rings, I've been a fool
But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

vanjie could see the tears trickling down her face, and her make up had smudged slightly. brooke's perfume suddenly became overpowering. sweet and stale bitterness that vanjie had come to adore.

Blue eyes, black jeans
Lighters and candy, I've been a fool
But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

her blue eyes sparkled even more than usual as the tears formed, and vanjie couldn't help but realise that even in her most vulnerable moments she still looked beautiful. the film had ended and vanjie didn't even notice, she was too busy staring at brooke.

"vanj? are you okay?" brooke asked, voice a little harsh from the emotional film.

vanjie threw herself onto brooke, head pressing into the crook of her neck. brooke giggled a little, before finally being able to get her words out.

"guess that film got you a little emotional too?"

"i love you brooke. i'm so lucky to have you."

brooke's heart melted at the words that flew out of her mouth.

"and i love you too vanj, but they want to clear the cinema, we have to go!"

word count: 399