✰ 27. plane rides ✰

the flight home from spain was one of the worst hours of roys life.

their were at least 5 screaming babys, no leg room, a toilet that had literally experienced world war 3 and worst of all, the most horrendous turbulence roy had ever seen.

he had always been wary of planes, but over the last 20 years or so he found his ways to cope with them, and it times he could enjoy the flight. but the turbulence on this plane made his stomach somersault and his hands clutch the arm rests, whitening.

it was only dannys soft voice that snapped him out of his anxious state.

"roy? are you okay?" danny said quietly, and roy only just heard it over the sound of his heart beating and the music coming through his earphones.

his jaw was clenched, but he managed to shake his head.

"whats up? i cant help you if you dont tell me whats wrong?" danny coaxed.

another burst of turbulence jolted the plane, bigger than the rest, and a squeak left roys lips.

"awhh, come here," he snaked an arm around roys neck, and felt the tension melt away at the touch. he placed a hand in his hair, and traced patterns on his skin. occasionally another round of turbulence would come, and roy would freeze up, but a few whispers from danny soon made him relax again.

once they were out of the rough patch, roy felt as though a weight had been lifted from him.

"didnt take you as a nervous flyer, your always so rational," said danny, smiling at roy. he was still curled in on himself slightly, and a blush was prominent.

"yeah, its just..." he leaned in closer to danny, hoping no one would hear. "were like hundreds of feet in the air, in a big piece of metal. one wrong move we go down. it puts me on edge."

"but you do know theres safety procedures? and there are things in place if anything goes wrong, which is unlikely. your in safe hands."

"didnt know that you knew big words like "procedure", you barely graduated!"

usually danny would throw back a cheeky remark, but all he said was "thats the roy i know!"

they both laughed together at the back of the plane, and roy wasnt so peroccupied about getting off as soon as possible.

word count: 386