✰ 8. cuddles ✰

it was early in the morning and jose had a knot in his chest. he was going to have to watch the episode of rupauls he was dreading. the episode where he went home.

he reached for the tv remote next to the bed and lazily switched on netflix. he had tears in his eyes just thinking of what had happened that night. he had messed up the entire challenge, and to top it off, he messed up the lip sync.

the episode played and soon enough wet tear tracks were dripping down jose's cheeks. he was crying from two reason: having to rewatch the painful moments his dream broke apart in front of him and to watch brooke lynn looking so distraught from her bad critiques.

speaking of brooke lynn, jose's phone buzzed next to him.

twinkle toes🐱💜:have you watched the new ep?

twinkle toes🐱💜: do you need me to come over?

jose couldn't bring himself to answer the messages. so he left them on read and turned his attention to the screen. his body was wracked with sobs and all he could think of was how badly he'd done.

not five minutes after the episode had ended, he heard his front door open. usually, he would have jumped up to see who it was, but instead he just curled up further into his blankets.

"jose?" a small voice came from the door. brock. jose spun around, eyes red and sore.

"baby..." brock mumbled, walking over to give him the biggest hug he could. jose didn't protest, as he felt brocks strong arms wrap around him the sobs returned. brock rocked him back and forth, smoothing a hand through his head and whispering comforts.

"i'm sorry," jose's voice was sore.

"you don't need to apologise baby. you did your best and that's enough. you'll always be my winner."

in that time of need, jose fit perfectly in brooke's arms, almost like a puzzle piece. hands were held and tears were shed, but they both ultimately felt safe. despite the sadness, this was how they liked it- cuddled up in each other's arms.

word count; 365

sorry about the sad chapter, after last night i couldn't help but write about it. :)