Thoughts

A few days have passed since the villain attack. It felt as if it were yesterday. The feeling of hopelessness, sadness and the overwhelming fear of losing.

Moving in with All Might wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He can cook, but not as well as Aizawa-sensei. 

Class 1-A was still shaken up about the fact that they all almost died, if it weren't for All Might, that surely would have happened. The media started acting up more than usual, they started interviewing every possible student at school about the famous 1-A that survived a villain attack.

My class seemed okay with being on TV, in fact they seemed to thrive at every mention of them on any social media. They were excited because they were already recognised on the streets and asked for autographs.  

Going to school felt normal and nothing seemed like it was out of place. My wound healed nicely, only a pale scar left.

Quietly exiting my house 'feels nice to say my house' I make my way towards school. The sun was up, the clouds nowhere to be seen and tree branches rustling in the cool gentle breeze. That could change any second.

Life is unpredictable, it can take a complete turn and fuck up everything you have. The warm sun will become a searing heat at the back of your head, messing up your thoughts, the clouds will come back and bring a storm along with them and the gentle breeze will become freezing and sharp.

Destiny is unavoidable, it's not someone or something, it's like life and death, always present and inevitable. A force of nature which cannot be escaped, cannot be contained, controlled or harnessed. It has a will of its own.

People forget that. They forget how hard it is, how unexpected it is, how it can change everything whenever it wants to. I forgot that. It came for me, took everything from me, my happy family is long gone, and I'm all alone.

It isn't done with me yet. I can feel it in my bones, a cold feeling, a dark chill that makes me shiver even in the warmest light. Whichever path I take, whichever choice I make it's all the same. It will all lead to that one moment, to that one ending.

When I look at the night sky and see the moon and all the stars around it, it feels as if the moon is the end and the stars are possibilities. Whatever choice I make It will take me to that one moon. The stars are infinite and they are unique just as choices in life. The moon is singular, just as the end for all things is. Death.

As those thoughts keep running through my head, I realise I reached the school. Noticing the mass of people at the front gates, I quietly turn towards the wall. Reaching for my bag, I throw it over the wall. Lightly charging my legs, I feel the familiar current of lightning. Slightly bending my knees, I push off of the ground and into the air over the wall.

When my feet hit the ground, I proceed to pick up my bag and slung it over my shoulder. Reaching the classroom, I hear chattering. Opening the door, the chatter continues but they all greet me at the same time "Morning", I nod in return, "Morning". Walking to my seat, I hang my bag at the side and take a seat. 

Just as I lean back, I feel a kick at the base of my chair. Sighing I turn around and come face to face with the one and only Bakugou Katsuki. "You know, you can just call my name, like a normal person, can't you? ", I exasperate. He just does that half-smirk-half-grin of his. "Where's the fun in that?". He asks as if that answered my question. "There's also no fun in this either, so, what is it?" Before he can answer me the door of the classroom opened.

ln walks Aizawa-sensei. 'what the actual fuck' I stare baffled at the fact that he's standing here, in front of me. 'shouldn't he be like, not physically be able to even walk?' He was wrapped up in bandages from head to toe. 'he looks as if he's barely standing upright' 

"Aizawa-sensei, why are you here? Shouldn't you be resting?" I couldn't stop myself from asking outloud. His head turns to me and he shakes it. "I'm alright, don't worry". I narrow my eyes in suspicion, but after I met his stare, I decide to leave it be. If he says he's fine, he's fine.

"I'm here because of the Sports Festival". This earns a few gasps and a shriek from Mineta. Mineta starts saying how it's not a good idea to have a festival so soon after a villain attack, but Aizawa-sensei countered it and said that we can't show any weaknesses after the villain fight.

He also mentioned that the Sports Festival will be an opportunity for us to get an internship at some of the hero companies. Everyone in class seemed excited about the fact that they will be able to use their quirks, and the possibility of a high rank hero to send a request for an internship.

Yawning, I tune out and look out of the window, the sky that was once clear has now turned grey, the clouds obscuring the sun. The gentle breeze now a strong wind bending branches. The sun looked as if someone put it out. So dark, dark, dark.

Just as the future ahead.