Chapter 4 | Looks Like Hayes

I woke up the next morning, and checked my phone. I had a text from Hayes. "Hey sorry, can't make it. Something came up. I'm really sorry"

I rolled my eyes and went downstairs. I knew this was too good to be true. On my way downstairs, I walked by Bre's room. "Kat, come here," she said.

I walked in her room and sat down in her bean bag. She was laying down on her bed, reading The Fault in Our Stars for like the hundredth time. "Why aren't you getting ready for the movies?" She asked.

"Hayes canceled last minute," I replied. "Oh, well I'm sorry about that. Do you want me to take you to the movies?" She asked. I smiled really big and nodded. "Let me shower first!" I said running out of her room. I could hear her laughing. Bre was 17, and I was 14. I always have so much fun when we hang out.

I hopped in the shower, and when I got out I put my wet hair back in a French braid and put on some mascara. I put on a pair of white high wasted shorts and a captain america crop top. I slipped on my white converse and ran into Bre's room.

Her hair was straightened and she was wearing black shorts, a white crop top with a black Eiffel Tower on it and black vans. "Ready?" She asked, grabbing her keys. I nodded and ran downstairs into the garage. We pulled out of the driveway, and got to the movies in about 10 minutes.

"Let's see If I Stay," I said. Bre nodded and bought the tickets. I went to pick out our seats, while Bre got the popcorn and drinks. I walked up to almost the top and sat down.

Finally, Bre came up and sat beside me. About 5 minutes later a boy walked up the stairs while holding a girl's hand. "Looks like hayes," I said laughing to Bre. Bre gasped. "What?" I asked. I looked over. IT WAS HAYES! WITH HAYLEE! "Hayes?" I asked. He looked up and his eyes went wide.