Chapter 8 | 911 whats your emergency?

WHEN I SAY THE NAME JENNY, THAT'S KAT AND BRE'S MOM!

**Hayes pov**

Kat was laying there in the middle of the road, and her head was bleeding. The car didn't stop, it just kept on going like nothing happened. I ran out into the road, picked up Kat, and put her down in the yard. I dropped to my knees and started crying. I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My friend, Katherine Brooks, was just hit by a car. Her head is bleeding and she's unconcious. Please send help."

"Right away sir."

The line went dead. Suddenly, Kat's mom (Jenny) and Bre ran outside."KAT!" Jenny screamed running over to her. "Hayes, what the hell happened?" Bre asked, crying. "We were playing tag, and she ran into the street. She didn't see the car coming. I tried to warn her, but it was too late."

Finally the ambulance came and got Kat. "Come on Hayes, you can ride with us." Bre said. Jenny wasn't talking, she just nodded.

When we got to the hospital, Kat was already in a room and being operated on. "How could this happen?" I asked. Bre shrugged and Jenny was just staring off into space.

I started crying. I got up and walked to the restroom. I shut the door and looked in the mirror. I was disgusted with myself. What if Kat dies? It'll be all my fault. I shouldn't have asked her to come play tag outside in the dark. I shouldn't have chased her into the street. I hate myself. I ran out of the bathroom and straight outside to the parking lot. I started screaming and crying.

I sat down on the curb and buried my face in my knees. I don't now what I'll do with myself if Kat dies. I felt someone start rubbing my back.

"It'll be okay, Hayes." I looked up and saw Jenny. I turned around and hugged her. I squeezed her. I buried my face in her shoulders and cried. I cried harder than I ever did in my life. "It's not your fault honey," Jenny said. I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"What if she dies?" I asked. "Then, she's going to be in a much better, happier place. But, she's only 14. She has so much to live for, she's not going to die yet. She isn't ready." I nodded. I knew she meant what she said, and I 100% believed it.

I started walking back in with Jenny. "I called your mom, and she's coming with everyone." I nodded, When we got to the lobby, a doctor was talking to Bre. "What's going on?" Jenny asked. "You guys can come in and see Kat if you'd like."

I let out a sigh of relief and walked with Jenny and Bre to the room. A doctor stopped me. "Family only." "He is family." Jenny said. I smiled and walked in. Kat was hooked up to a bunch of machines, and she wasn't awake.

"She's in a coma, and she should wake up, but comas are unpredictable and we can't always be certain. She had a serious head injury, that most people would die instantly from. I'll tell ya what, this girl is certainly a fighter," the doctor said. "She is," Bre said nodding. The doctor left, and we were left alone with Kat.

I just stared at her and giggled a little. Her hair was up in a bun and she didn't have on any makeup. I knew that if she knew I saw her like this, she would start blushing, which I thought was the cutest thing ever. I missed her, and knowing that she's unconcious right now breaks my heart.

Bre and Jenny walked out to greet my family and Tyler and Kayla. I walked over and sat down beside Kat.

"Why hello Miss Katherine. I know you can't hear me, and I'm wasting my time, but I need to talk to you. I'm so sorry I didn't pay attention to you much when I came home. I wasted my time with Haylee, and she didn't even care about me. When we went to the park, and you asked me to push you in the swings, it felt just like old times. When we were best friends with out a care in the world. We were partners in crime, and when we were together, it felt like nothing else mattered. You can't die. You can't give up on me, Kat. I know you're fighting, but you need to fight harder, It's not your time. If you go, I won't be able to live with myself. I love you so much. Please stay." I started crying again. I was staring at Kat, and I felt her grab my hand. I smiled and squeezed her hand.