Chapter 49 | I hate you.

**Kats pov**

**day after sammy and kat kissed**

**Hayes is at the beach w/ grace at this time**

I haven't talked to Sammy since last night. I can't believe I kissed him. I'm such a terrible friend. A terrible girlfriend. A terrible person.

I also haven't left my bed since I got home last night.

I heard my phone vibrate so I rolled over and saw a text from Sammy.

Sammy😊: can we please talk?

Kat😻: yeah, we need to..

Sammy😊: wanna meet at the park?

Kat😻: sure, 30 minutes?

Sammy😊: see u then

I got out of bed and took a real fast shower. I dried my hair, put my hair back in a ponytail, and put on some mascara, so I didn't look like a troll. I put on an old volleyball tshirt from middle school and some black leggings. I slid on my white converse and walked to the park.

Sammy was sitting on the swings, so I walked over and sat on the swing next to him.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey."

There was an awkward silence. No words. Just us rocking back and forth on the swings.

"Look Sa-"

"Kat I'm so-"

We both said at the same time.

"Go ahead," Sammy said. I nodded.

"Look Sammy. I'm dating Hayes, and what I did was very wrong. I have to tell him."

"Kat I'm so sorry. I know this going to ruin your relationship, and my friendship with both of you. I shouldn't have kissed you. I'm so fucking stupid."

"Don't say that! I could've stopped it. And plus, we both leaned in. Maybe I kissed you? Who knows? Sammy, this isn't going to ruin anything between us. Maybe with hayes, but not with us."

"Good, but I need to get something off my chest."

"What's that?"

"I-I liked it," Sammy confessed.

I looked up at him.

"I didn't want it to stop, Kat."

I looked back down.

"Same..." I mumbled.

Sammy looked over at me.

"What??"

"Same Sammy. I liked it too."

"But Hayes.."

"I know. This is such a bad situation."

Sammy looked down.

"But, he comes back tomorrow, and I'm going to tell him everything. I'm not keeping this a secret. I have to go, I'll text you later. Bye Sammy!"

I hopped off the swing and ran home. I sat down on my bed and texted Hayes.

Kat😻: miss u!! can't wait to see u❤️

I lied.

I could wait.

I missed him, but I didn't want to tell him about this.

I started to cry.. hard.

**Hayes pov**

I ran back into my hotel room and checked the text from Kat.

Kat😻: miss u!! can't wait to see u❤️

Oh my gosh. How could I do this? I'm so fucking stupid.

**Next Morning**

I woke up and felt like shit. Kat's gonna be so happy to see me, but then I'm gonna have to ruin it when I tell her about Grace and the kiss.

The worst part? I liked it.

**5 hours later**

We finally got home, and I put all my bags in my room. I took a shower and walked over to Kat's house. It was only 11, so she was probably still sleeping.

Her mom let me in, and I walked up to her room. I laid down in the empty spot next to her, and cuddled up to her. This might be our last cuddle.

Before I knew it, I was asleep.

I woke up to Kat screaming.

"What the hell?" I jumped up.

"What the fuck are you doing??? Get out of here before I call the cops!!!"

Kat's back was turned to me.

"Um Kat.." I said.

Kat turned around and when she saw me, she tackled me down.

"What the hell Hayes? You scared the shit out of me!"

"Sorry babe."

A look of pain crossed her face.

"You okay?" I asked.

"We need to talk," she said.

I nodded.

She stood up and fixed her ponytail.

"Okay, so while you were away, I was studying with Sammy, and when we were done we watched a movie. Well, I jumped at one part, and well, the next thing I knew we... kissed."

I jumped up.

"SAMMY? WHAT THE HELL KAT? HE'S ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"

She sighed and looked down, tears filling her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Hayes."

I couldn't even think straight, I ran out of her room, and straight home. I ran upstairs to my room and cried.

After about an hour of crying, I texted her.

Hayes😍❤️: you know what you little slut? I made out with a girl on the beach last night. it was great. I wasn't even thinking about you, just like you weren't thinking about me. you know what? I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.