Chapter 44 | Back to Best Friends

The next morning I woke up to Kayla putting on her makeup.

"Please tell me you can go today," Kayla said. I smiled and nodded. "Thank god," she said, sounding relieved.

I got up and hopped in the shower. When I got out I straightened my hair and put on a mint green crop top with a pocket on the boob and white shorts. I put on my white converse (as usual) and we all left.

*****

I was backstage, eating some pretzels when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Kat," I heard it say. I turned around and saw Austin, who embraced me in a hug. I awkwardly hugged him back and then pulled away.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "I came to see you," he said. I blushed. "I have a boyfriend Austin," I said. He nodded. "I know, I'm actually here because I'm a special gue-"

Taylor's voice came over the microphone from the stage. "We have a very special guest for you guys!" He yelled. The crowd screamed. "Please welcome... AUSTIN MAHONE!" Taylor yelled. The crowd roared.

Austin ran onto the stage. I stayed behind, eating some more pretzels.

****

The show finally ended and it was time to go back to the hotel. We were going back home tomorrow.

****

When we got back to the hotel, we all went into the boys' room and started recording vines and stuff. There was a knock on the door, and Austin walked in. Why is this kid everywhere? I sighed and acted like I didn't notice him walking in and started scrolling through Twitter.

I looked up and Hayes sat next to me, pulling Austin next to him.

"This is Austin, Austin Mahone," Hayes said. I nodded. "We've met," I said. Austin smiled. "You're one lucky boy," he said. I could feel my face getting hot, so I looked away. Hayes gave him a look like "bro back off she's mine" and I smiled with satisfaction even though Austin was pretty cute. Stop it Kat. You're dating Hayes.

"I'm gonna go get a water bottle from the vending machine downstairs," I said, patting Hayes on the knee. He nodded and I left.

I got my water and turned around to go back upstairs when I ran into Austin.

"Look Austin, you're super sweet and cute, but I'm dating Hayes, please quit trying to like hit on me because I'm not having it... sorry. Maybe if I was single."

I walked around him and walked off. (daMN harsh kAT)

I walked back in the room and sat by Hayes, like nothing happened.

"Where's Austin?" I asked. Like I don't know. He's probably crying in his room.

"I dunno," Hayes said.

I nodded and we started just talking.

****

(a/n idk where to go with this so there all back home now. sorry if it's confusing but yeah so everyone is back in north carolina okok)

****

I walked into my room and checked my phone and saw I had a text from Mason. I haven't talked to him since I found out about him and Haylee. I smiled because I missed him. He was my best friend.

Mason☺️: hey kat. long time no see. I miss u, wanna go get some ice cream?

Kat😻: I could go for some ice cream, meet u there in 20 minutes? :)

Mason☺️: see u then😛

I walked over to my closet and threw on a sweatshirt and some shorts with my white converse and walked to the ice cream place since it was really close and I'm only 14 and can't drive.

When I got there, I saw Mason sitting inside. I sat down in the seat across from him and smiled.

"I got your favorite, cookies and cream," Mason said, pushing the cup towards me. I smiled.

"Thanks loser," I said. He smiled.

"So how are you and Hayes?" He asked.

"We're great actually! No drama or fights since we got back together."

Mason nodded.

"How are you and Haylee?" I asked.

Mason rolled his eyes.

"She's so clingy. Like she won't leave me alone. And she's hella creepy. Like she sent me a screenshot of her lock screen and it was one of my selfies off instagram... and it was from like 3 months ago. And like she goes through and likes ALL my pictures and comments weird things. She's weird Kat."

I laughed.

"Did you block her?" I asked.

"Hell yeah I did!" Mason said-yelled. I snorted, which made Mason crack up.

"Shutup," I pouted.

We finished our ice cream and left. When we were walking home, it was awkward and silent for a little bit.

"Can we go back to being best friends? I really miss you," I said. Mason smirked.

"Yes! I was gonna say the same thing. That's why I wanted to come here because I wanted things to go back to the way they were. I'm sorry I stopped talking to you. I just thought it was best, but now I know it's not."

I smiled. When we got to my house I hugged Mason.

"Do you need Bre to give you a ride?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No my brother is picking me u-"

A car horn honked.

"He's here. Bye buttface!" Mason yelled, walking towards his brother's car.

"Bye lameo!" I yelled back.

(is that even a word? idk)

••••••

this chapter sucked so bad I'm sorry but idk what to write. this is kinda like a filler chapter.

should I start doing qotc?

like I could do

qotc: favorite color?
aotq: pink

and then you guys answer them in the comments idk

bYE

love,
kyla❤️