Chapter twenty eight: Him.

'You slung your backpack over your shoulder, your training kit clinging to you slightly with sweat. Today had been full of tactical discussions, yelling and non stop attempts to master new skills that Yui insisted would boost the team to the top. You didn't argue, you just found comfort in seeing the team working at its best again. By the end they'd been dragging their feet against the ground- earning a satisfied grin from the two of you.

It was getting cold, the tired evening tugging at the blissful afternoon air impatiently. A smooth breeze hit your bare legs, easing the discomfort of dampness that coated your skin, arising the stands of hair that had fallen astray from the knot you'd fastened, taking away from the severity of the heat that had flushed your cheeks.

You turned confidently, making your way towards the other gymnasium, carrying a netted sack full of volleyballs you'd had to borrow. You slid open the already ajar door, letting the atmosphere greet you.

You glanced at the many figures, running around the hall like ants, placing away nets , balls, cones and mats. You spotted Nishinoya, his lips curving into a grin as he saw you, nudging Tanaka seconds later, calling for the other boys attention.

"(L/N)!," Tanaka called, rushing over with Noya close behind.

You embraced them affectionately, giving Ryu a quick hug before ruffling Noyas hair- much to his annoyance. You'd tutored both boys in English a while back when they were first years, having gotten to spend time with them even more through Suga, Daichi and Asahi.

"You guys had a practise game today am I right?," you asked moving towards the large blue basket, as they skipped after you.

"Yup," Noya intended on climbing up the side of the basket, grinning at you with that precious smirk of his,"And we SMASHED it."

"Yeah, right," Tanaka huffed,"we didn't even win."

"We came close," the energetic teen shot, his brown eyes stubborn.

You glanced at the opposing members in red, you'd seen them before - though briefly. They weren't exactly impressive looking, if anything by first glance they seemed an even match for Karasuno - but looks never really did say a lot about anyone.

You trailed your gaze over them, eyes brushing upon a silver haired male, his features sharp, inhumanly tall, another player with a glum expression, two tone hair and wide intimidating eyes. You urged further, picking them out of the room, each one very different from the other, one even had some excuse for a mohawk- sparking some satisfaction in you.

"They're masterminds," Ryu continued,"I swear each shot is calculated, we can never pull anything when we're playing against them."

"That isn't such a bad thing," you teased, reaching to rub his buzz cut,"the more you play against them - the better you'll get. Plus, aren't you supposed to be the lucky charm?"

"Pshh," he waved you off, his cheeks tinting peach with the embarrassment of your actions.

"Don't bother (l/n)," Noya smiled, joining the two of you,"he's just bitter."

"It's not a good look on you," you pouted.

"Neither is that haircut."

You glanced over your shoulder as Tsukki walked by, following a lost looking Yamaguchi, like a mother hen guarding her chick.

"(F/n)!"

Your attention was snatched by the lyrical chirp of a familiar companion, stood there elegantly amongst his fellow third years. You noticed others around him, singling Yui who stood next to Daichi stiffly.