Chapter twenty four: Split.

He sighed, pulling his T-shirt over his head, feeling the soft cotton brush over his skin. He'd struggled to sleep, rolling over and over, his body held restless by the sense of the hurt you were facing. Drawn back and forth in his mind between what he wanted and what was right.

All he wanted to do was hold you, his body ached for the sensation but each word you spoke left his hands tied.

He neared the door, scrunching his nose up at the smell of disinfectant. He wrapped his finger around the cold door handle, twisting before pushing it open, taking a breath inwards as he did so, striding up the hall only to pause at the sight of you.

There you were, sat on the sofa, the 'sick bowl' placed on your lap. You were pouting with those adorable rounded lips of yours, your lower eye lashes damp with the remains of tears, your soft (h/c) hair held up in a messy knot, your cheeks rosy like a cherub. You still wore pyjamas, plain cotton ones, your old Karasuno Volleyball jacket hung around your shoulder. The sight of you... it left him weak- even now.

"You okay?," he neared you, biting down on his lip lightly, watching as your eyes wavered up to his.

"Uh," you hugged the green bowl tighter to your stomach,"y-yeah."

He searched your eyes, they were glassy in the morning light, you seemed completely washed out. He'd refrained from asking but the words tumbled out selfishly,"you and Kuroo , did you guys br-."

"Mhm," you nodded, wiping at your eyes again roughly,"yeah."

You both sat in silence for a moment in the place you both called 'home'. Each moment he found himself getting more and more restless: he hated that you were so broken over him, he hated how much you'd loved him, he hated that he couldn't do anything about it.

He shot a glance at you, you were staring at the floor, your bottom lip stuck out, trembling each moment or so...

"I care about you, you've been what I wanted for so long and you couldn't even see it. And I'm sorry in this isn't convenient and I'm so so sorry you had to find out like you did but don't say it's a lie because I'd never lie to you."

"You're in denial, you're hiding!"

"Ugh!," he ran his hand through his shiny locks, his outburst causing you to jump,"I hate this!"

"Suga-."

"I HATE THAT YOURE SO TORN OVER HIM!," he stood,"ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!"

You moved the bowl off of your lap, placing it on the floor before standing, reaching for him,"Koushi-"

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU! I HAVE BEEN FOR- FOR SO LONG - SO IM SORRY I KISSED YOU AND MADE YOU CONFUSED BUT I CANT HOLD THIS IN ANYMORE! YOURE-YOURE KILLING ME!"

You stared, your heart hammering against your chest, your eyes wide, trembling as you stared back at him as his expression changed from passionate to baffled. His pretty brown eyes glittering in shock, his smooth lips parted, hair falling slightly in way of his eyes.

"...oh."

Your attention shot to the door. It was wide open, a tall figure stood in its frame, his amber orbs wide, skin pale with shock. Your heart leaped out of your chest.

"Kuroo-."

He shook his head, turning on his heel before running out of view. Your hands began to tremble, to which you looked back to Suga, his eyes wide and wild with the event that had just occurred.

You wanted to say something, you wanted to reassure him, but all you managed was a glance before you took off running in the direction your heartbreaker had just a second ago.