Chapter 1: Jenalyn

Friday, 12:38 P.M.

I go by Hayden ever since I started working with Harlee- it was easier for me to feel like I was someone else living this life rather than to remember where I came from being 'Jenalyn.' 

It was Harper's idea.

I guess in a way, it's helped the transition a little bit. It took me a really long time to process that this was actually my new 'real life.' It's a lot easier when I tell myself that it's not so much my new real life as much as it is Hayden's.

Harper has been pretty much my best friend in all of this- ever since she convinced me to take the deal and sign the contract.

I really wasn't going to do it. Dane made it SO clear that it was something I wasn't allowed to do- but after he dumped me on the mean streets of Philadelphia, it took him 3 whole days to even contact me.

Only two days for me to change my mind about the deal though. 

I thought he'd kill me for it. When I flew back to Pennsylvania already having signed the contract, and even spoken to Harper and her mother about obtaining guardianship over me? I thought it'd be the end of me.

Dane is an opportunist though...

and apparently I can make him a lot more cash in this position.