Chapter 36: Jenalyn

Wednesday, 4:14 P.M.

"So... what're you thinking for dinner?" Rob asks as he tosses down the remote control on the bed and immediately picks up his phone. "Are you hungry? I'm super hungry."

I let out a small laugh, thankful that things have evened out so flawlessly from earlier's little... spat. 

I can tell Rob is still a bit uneasy with all of this, but- I don't know. I feel like I'm doing the right thing!

"I'm not really that hungry, but you can order in and I'll pick around whatever you get?" I respond after a few moments. 

Rob flattens his eyesbrows as he turns to me, though his face still hides a playfulness to it. "I don't think so, Mama Bear-" he teases, "You're eating for two now! No more of that silly starving yourself shit!"

I laugh again, though the subject of my eating habits never fails to make me uncomfortable. It's definitely been brought up a bit more than I'd like considering the pregnancy being out in the open with the Golds and all.

I get it! But I also get that I don't need to overindulge like most pregnant women, and come out still bearing the weight from it!

"So order me something," I offer anyway, validating his role as the father figure even if only for a short time. "...daddy." I find my now playful monster add on, just to see his reaction.

A quick brow raises on Rob's end- but he's quick to brush it off with a shake of his head. 

"Uhm-" he stammers momentarily, regaining his composure pretty easily after. "Do you actually want to go out or something? I know a few places where you'll probably just be Jena- and without Dane's men on us. Order in food gets boring after while."

I find myself, once again, at a loss for words. Normal protocol for any time spent with Rob? Ordering in. He's practically infamous with Dane over it! Between him and Evelyn, there is literally a mountain stacked with order in containers from numerous places in every single apartment or house Dane had him babysit us at! 

Rob wants to take me out?

My monster wants control again, immediately finding pleasure in it's own assumptions on what Rob's real intentions could be in doing this. I try to fight it off, but without a voice to replace the monster it's practically useless to try.

"Are you uh... trying to take me out on a date?" I find myself saying, the tone in my voice familiar.

He laughs nervously in response, but repositions himself into a more confident stance before answering. "I'm trying to take you out to dinner." he states confidently, "Eating is a... very important part of a pregnancy, you know?"

I laugh, but only because I know he's trying to be funny. Where did this Rob come from??

"I've heard." I say matter of factly. "I hear it quite a bit, actually."

Rob nods his head with a small laugh, glancing at me momentarily in a way that only makes my monster want more. "So you'll go?" 

Another mindless laugh, and I'm nodding my head in agreement. "Yeah, I'll go on a date with you- if you insist."