Chapter 49: Hayden

Thursday, 9:47 A.M.

I wake up to Ty's morning wood shoving me right in the back. Everything seems so unreal- waking up here, at Tyler Robson's house... as his girlfriend, and pregnant with 'his' child.

If last night's memories weren't still burned into my mind, I might question whether or not this was real life.

I can't believe I let Dane kill T last night. I can't believe anything that happened! Jenalyn is so toxic, and she's managed to taint my Hayden life, and now bring Ty into it too!

Everything is just so unbelievable. I'm not sure I'll know how to come back from this one...

"Good morning," Ty groans from behind me as he stretches. He reaches his heavy arm to stretch over my body. "You can sleep in if you want- I cancelled my schedule for the day. I knew it was a long night for the both of us."

I can hear that he's still half asleep in his voice, and momentarily wish that I could convince him everything that happened last night was just a dream. 

I know that wouldn't work though. 

I worked so hard with Rob to have physical evidence for Dane, and forgot that it's physical evidence for everyone else, too.

"Mm... did you hear me?" Tyler practically whispers as he dozes back off into sleep, "-they didn't even... want the dog anymore." he sleep talks.

Any other day I'd cherish that offer. I'd sleep in with Tyler, wake up to morning sex, pick at whatever brunch he decides to make after his smoke sesh, and head back to the bedroom for some more sex until something comes up for one of us, and we have no choice but to stop. I'd cherish it because that's what I've built for Hayden, and it literally used to just be a dream I thought would always be a dream. 

This morning, I can't...

It's like I can still feel the filth Jena's fucked up life has drenched me in. I can't just act like I don't feel, even for Hayden!

I can't just... be here right now like nothing happened. I have to fix myself, and I don't even know what the first step in that process is.

I mean- I'm fucking disgusting! And now even Tyler knows it.

Did I ruin everything? I think I ruined everything...

Three gentle knocks on Ty's bedroom door pulls me from the start of the spiral my train of thought threatened to push me down. My immediate response is to peel Ty's arm from around me as gently as I can to answer it before it wakes him.

I don't think I'm ready to see him right now. Well- to let him see me. 

It's probably just Gage anyway- and despite him being miffed about everything that happened before I left, I'm sure he'd be glad to see me.

I grab Ty's robe and wrap it tightly around my body, doing a once over in the mirror before opening his bedroom door just enough to see who it is. 

"Oh, hey," Gage says as soon as his eyes land on me. "I thought you were in Penn- ... what happened to your jaw?"

I offer him the best smile I can, acting surprised to see him as I squeeze through the bedroom door and out into the hallway.

"Hey Gageroo! Good morning to you, too!" I half whisper, the nonchalant tone in my voice surprising even me. "I got into a fight with my sister- she's got me beat by like 30 pounds, so!"  

Gage's eyes narrow, but he still laughs at my attempt at a joke and offers me a hug. "Nothing too bad though, right?" he asks. "I don't gotta go have a word with Hayden's non Gold sister?"

I shake my head and hug him, pulling back only to have him stare at me for a moment before seemingly getting himself together.

I knew he'd have a hard time staying mad at me.

"So I was going to let Ty know there was breakfast out there," Gage says after a moment of lowkey eying me up like a cupcake. "-but I see that he's still soundly asleep, so... hungry?" 

I'm not hungry, but I know I've got to have something for the baby, at least. Maybe Gage could talk me back to a better head before I have to face Ty again anyway.

"Sure," I tell him after just a few moments of contemplation. "I suppose I could use some Gage time!" 

I can see on his face that his little puppy tail starts wagging at the mention of me needing time for him. That's just the way he is, and has always been with me.

I really do love him for it sometimes... but what girl doesn't love a guy who practically adores her? 

Even if I wasn't drenched in Jena's filth- even if I were still just Hayden, I'd love that.

"I could use some Hayden time, too," Gage tells me as he leads the way to the kitchen. "-before the big bad wolf wakes up to steal her away from me!" he laughs with a quick wink.