Cream: Chilly (fluff)

Dream and Cross, sitting on the couch, side by side. They caressed each other in a loving manner, cuddles filled with pure love and calm in each other. It was a little cold that day, the fire struggled to keep alight, and nearly all day, Cross wrestled with the flames with all the variety of stuff he could find to burn. He even ended up spraying an entire can of deodorant on the fire to stoke it up, but unfortunately, it didn't work. The fire was still quite small and weak, it didn't seem to be getting any better either. So, eventually Cross just gave up and joined Dream on the couch.

Now, they cuddled and were in an extraordinary state of calm, like the whole world had faded away and they were just there. Held in each others arms and warmth. To Dream, it felt very safe, being there, just laying on the couch in Crosses firm but protecting embrace. He still shivered slightly from the cold.
Cross noticed this and held Dream a little closer to him, taking off his jacket and putting over the other like a blanket. Dream stopped shivering after a while and relaxed, he gave a contented sigh as his eyes closed into a light rest. Cross smiled down at the smaller skeleton in his arms, the very one that gave him happiness and joy. The one he loved, sleeping in his arms, relaxed and content, like that feeling of ultimate security would never cease. It took Cross a little while to relax as much as Dream had but he really didn't care. He felt slightly tired now and shifted himself extremely carefully so he could lay down on the couch with Dream right beside him. Throughout that whole time, Dream didn't stir, didn't move. But Cross knew he was sleeping soundly and continued to lovingly hold him and pull him close. To protect Dream for whatever may come. Anything, anything at all. Cross would protect him like Dream was his reason of life. And he was. Dream was Crosses life and he was never going to let him go.

Cross became tired and sleepy. He sighed lightly and let himself drift into sleep. Feeling he could sleep soundly as long as Dream was there.