AfterDeath: Beautiful Sunset (Fluff)

A/N: If ships end up getting repeated a lot I'm sorry. I'm just letting my laptop chose what ships it wants and it seems to really like ErrorInk and AfterDeath for some reason. ('・ω・')

There's an art to getting your way, and staring at absolute nothingness over the horizon wasn't it. Though it was comely. The sunset that was. Geno found resting singly on this hill covered in grass and flowers relaxing. This hill, in particular, wasn't all too far from Genos home, where he lived by himself.  Being on his own was okay with him. To be honest it was most likely that being alone was better for Geno than being around people. 

He would only survive if he kept the fire going and he could hear thunder in the distance. The two factors that guaranteed him his health. The only two people he could trust to be around and not get sick from to the point it would kill him were Error and Fresh. The only two skeletons he'd been with since he was a kid. It seemed like such a long time ago when he was last ten years old, running about on this very hill, playfighting with his brothers under the old trees where there was nothing wrong with him and not a thing to worry about. Geno missed the days of being a carefree child with only play on his mind. Yet times had changed, his family had grown up and they kind of just... drifted apart. A memory can make or ruin a person's day if they let it get to them. Geno didn't believe it could do both at once until it did exactly that. It made him feel a panging loss in his heart, like being able to run around, having lots of energy and time to spare had left him completely. At the same time, however, he felt satisfied having had those memories back. Alike to getting your hands on something you really didn't know you needed till now. 

He'd give just about anything to talk to his brothers again. Not only over the phone like they had been, but face to face. For a genuine encounter like that would be a blessing in an uncloaked disguise. 

For now, Geno focused on the sunset in front of him, keeping a smile on his face while he watched the colours fade over the horizon. 

The land ahead was very literate moreover detailed, the significant sun all unequalled dominating the hill-line. Although the colours were weak now, the sun still had them, still had spirit even though they were isolated. Forever. 

Geno admired the sun. He hoped he had their confidence. To keep tones glowing sharp even in the depths of solitude. If his life were to be described in one scene of nature, it'd be this. 
Didn't take long for the small skeleton to look around the other places on the hill. Just a few trees, some stumps, a path worn into the grass by many sheep and Geno walking on them and... a figure. A new figure he hadn't seen before. Yet, this new arrival, this black-robed male intrigued him. There was a calling to it. Geno wasn't scared, nor was he nervous. He felt an extraordinary state of calm when he looked at this ominous form.
"Hello?" He questioned quietly, looking up at him. Maybe it was a bad thing Geno did not find him threatening. 
"Greetings Geno" He replied calmly, his voice monotonous. 
"How do you know my name?" Geno turned to look at him properly, still sitting. 
All that came for his answer was: "I know because of my job"
"?"
"I know you've cheated death several times-" The figure growled in quite a cold tone. That set Geno off and he became scared. This guy was going to kill him?!
"Hey, hey, let's not be hasty-" 
Reaper simply smiled, approaching Geno. "Hasty on what?"
"P-please have some compassion-"
The taller paused. 
"I don't want to die! I have so much I still want to do!" He scooted back a snippet, his eyes pusillanimous. However the more he backed away, the more Reaper approached. 
Poor Geno couldn't back away any more if he did, he'd roll down the hill. So he stayed there, bracing for the worst. 
Instead of being decimated like he thought he would be, he found himself being hugged instead.  Death by hugs. Wonderful. 
He shakily looked at Reaper, noticing his expression had softened. Geno wasn't dead. Reaper could barely believe it. He took a massive risk touching Geno at all, let alone hugging him, he could have died, but he didn't. Having this experience was a once in anyone's lifetime thing for Reaper and even if Geno didn't make it, even if this was just a delayed sort of fluke, he'd carry that memory with him until the end of time. 
"I-I'm sorry I scared you... I didn't mean to" He spoke in minimal volume, hugging Geno and holding him close. 
It was getting dark. Geno had little to do other than hug him back, apologizing. "No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions" 
"Don't apologize, Geno, I'm just not good with talking to people because of the fact I..."
"Kill everyone you touch?" The smaller pulled Reaper close, finishing his sentence like Google Autocomplete. But more accurate.   
Reaper sighed. "Yeah..."
"It's okay now Reaper, I'm not dying anytime soon, even if you wanted me to" He laughed a bit, rubbing the tallers back in a supportive way. 

Reaper smiled, moving back from Geno. "Thank you. I just really needed a hug from someone" 
"Don't thank me, it's okay"
They sat cuddling in silence for a moment. This was a petite contact, it somehow seemed complex too. Geno felt his passions fluttering and Reaper was the same, it made him feel strangely youthful. That denoted admirable feelings for Reaper. Would it be wrong to say he loved a man he'd only just met? Well fuck if it was, Geno wasn't going to let a little common sense stop him. It never had before on the grounds that he lacked it completely. 

"Reaper?" He asked quietly, standing suddenly to help Reaper to his feet once he got there. The god of death smiled and took Geno's hand which he offered to him, reaching his feet with a smile on his face. "Yeah?"
"Do you wanna come to my house with me? It's getting a bit dark but my house is just down the hill" He offered. 
"Of course, if that's okay"
"Definitely." 
"Also one more thing-"
"What is it Reaper?" The smaller began to trudge his way through the ankle-length grass now, Reaper at his heel, the previous light ceasing to exist until his side of the Earth faced the sun again. 
"I love you.." 
"I love you too ya big goof" They both laughed, paired with elbow nudges and shoulder bumps it made for a memorable occasion Geno would never ever forget.