Cream: When the sky falls (angst)

There was a lingering calm in the air. No disturbances, no feeling of dread, the kind that sits at the back of your mind telling you 'what ifs.' None of that.
None at all.
Just positivity and that's just the way Cross liked it.

He and Dream were on the porch of Dreams home. It had a rather rustic feel, dapples of moss here and there. Nearly every week, a random child will show up to perpetuate the life cycle of the moss. Life goes on. The moss was fine. 
Not that Cross really cared of course.

The two skeletons comfortably snoozed on the porch. Not asleep but snoozing. Cross had his eyes closed, breathing relaxed and slow, Dream was basically the same, however, a light yellow blush scattered his cheeks as he cuddled into the lap of the taller, his head resting happily on Cross' lap. The larger of the two had a gentle hand recessing on Dreams small and delicate pelvis, his touch like that of a butterfly landing to a flower. Tender, loving and ever so fearful that something might break if not handled properly.

They had been keeping their relationship, their love and what they did under the covers... a secret. All the times either of them had left the bases it would be 'for business reasons' but what they were really doing was meeting up at this very house, getting a bit of romance. 

Nightmare was so close to finding out though, and that thought scared Cross. What would he do if he did find out? Kill him? Draft him out? Or maybe even worse for that matter.
He hadn't the heart to tell Dream either. Every day could be the last the ever spoke. Ever told each other "I love you~" 
Cross only ever acted emotionless, but in reality, he was scared shitless every day of what his mind could possibly fathom about what could ever possibly go wrong every time he saw Dreams smiling face. He knew he had to return to Nights side at some point but he couldn't move. He didn't want to. He wanted to remain here forever with his significant other he loved so dear.

Unfortunately, Cross and Dreams little nap in the sunshine was interrupted by a shrill ringing from the cellphone in the largers pocket. With caution, he fished out the phone, sparing a glance at the caller ID. It was Night. 
Dream raised his head to look at his other with a slightly confused gaze albeit curious as Cross lifted the phone to his 'ear' 

"Hello?" Cross asked, even though he already knew who it was.
"Don't, 'hello' me Cross. I need you back here, we have matters to attend to and you've been gone for hours. I've already lost Horror today because he's run off with that mental mess of a monster Lust and you're the only one currently available to help." Let's call that getting straight to the point. 
Cross sighed. "Yeah, sure thing. Be there in 10" He replied, his soul was hastening. Did he find out? 
"Good. I expect you here soon" There was a click on the receiving end as Night hung up. 

Cross sighed again, he didn't want to go. But he had to, Night would have his head if he dared disobey him. He reluctantly looked down at Dream, lifting him up and standing. He now had Dream in a position where he was straddling the tallers waist with his legs, a Tuscany blush on his cheeks, letting his arms hang loose around Cross' neck. 
"Do you really have to go?" He asked, disappointment lacing his voice. 
"I'm afraid so Dreamy" Cross replied his own tone seeming sorry he had to go. "But I'll be back, I promise you~" He gently kissed his cheek, cuddling him a little.
"I love you Crossy~" Dream said quietly.
"I love you too Dreamy~" Cross' voice was gentle a hint of fear in it. "T-this might be the last you'll see of me"
Dream began to quake a little as Cross stepped back and put him down. "...I" The poor skeleton couldn't finish his sentence before he began to overreact and threw himself into the tallers arms. He felt his soul sting with loss, even though Cross hadn't even left yet. He just felt.. No. Dream knew Cross was in real danger. If Night did know...

"I love you Cross. Don't get hurt... I-I don't know what I'll do without you" He sobbed a little, overreacting the situation.
"Dreamy, it'll be okay. I won't get hurt" He promised, hugging Dream and comforting him. "I have to go. I love you too"