DustBerry: Meteor Shower (fluff)

Hot.
That was one word to describe tonight, with the dew riddled grass, clear skies and bright moon, it almost was like a dream of some sort.
But Dust knew it wasn't. Because Blue was in his arms, staring up at the twinkling stars in silence. Dust could never dream this up. 
Blue was amazing, he couldn't deny that at all. Not for a second. 

2 years ago, Dust never would have gone near him. He was his enemy back then. But Nightmare slacked, he stopped attacking permanently and left the team to their own leisure. Of course, they were still paid, they had to be. 
Even though attacking the Star Sanses was out of the question, due to the arrival of all three of the new princes, Dreams royalty leave, Killer becoming Nightmares Queen, Ink marrying Error and multiple bad guys becoming increasingly passive, they had little reason to even try anymore. 

Of course, they still had the basic missions, like assassinations, delivery of messages and the like but now it was rather humdrum here. Apart from now.

Now, Dust could really appreciate what Blue was doing for him, he really cared to stay with a screw up like him. A former psychopath used to have little regard for life at all. He had no feeling toward any living thing, more like an unstable and aggressive person. He used to encourage fighting and death, used to gather around a fight to encourage the combatants. He even used to take to Horror with intent to kill. Not ever sure why though.
However, when he made an effort to communicate with Blueberry, that bit by bit changed. He became sane again, learnt to calm down for a moment and think about things. 

He recounted when they first began to work on that when Blue first offered his help. 

Dust looked up at the starry sky, smiling when Blue contently sighed in his lap. It was clear he wasn't thinking about all that much. When he was, his eyes would be shining, large and attentive. They were slightly duller now, and slightly smaller than normal. He was calm.
Why were they even outside in the first place? 
Apparently, there was supposed to be a meteor shower tonight. It would be the first time Dust or Blue had ever seen one in their lives. Come to think of it, there were lots of things they'd never seen before. 
Things like tarmac roads, combine harvesters, the ocean, stock trucks, even real birds. 
The dangerous things, like guns, planes and sharks. 
Sweet things, lambs, Pohutakawa trees and parades. 
Blue promised he'd take them both to see them all one day.
Dust hoped they would. It'd be grand if they did.

But the day Blue tried to help him was terrifying for poor Dust. 
He stood in front of Blue outside, in the cover of some trees, his eyes had been fearful, scared. He looked at Blue, frozen in his spot while he offered a hand. Dust didn't trust himself to not hurt Blue himself, so he found it difficult to even tear his gaze away from the smaller, in case he turned on him and attacked. 
But Blue acted supportive, he took slow steps toward the taller skeleton, eventually taking his hand gently, looking up at him and speaking quietly, making sure Dust wasn't scared. 
"It's okay Dusty...I'm here" 
Little by little, Dust began the  calm down, trusting Blue slightly and letting him cuddle with him.

Ever since then, Dust let Blue help improve him. Let him do these things to help. And now they were here, cuddling the smaller close, unbelievingly knowing he was now his boyfriend... or maybe something more than that? 
Nah, Blue being his boyfriend was enough for him. He wanted it that way and it would stay that way. He really hoped so.

"Dusty.. Look" Blue whispered, tugging on the tallers jacket.
"hm?" Dust responded, looking up where Blue was now pointing to the sky. It's dark blue background teased the stars to be brighter, and little clouds passed by. However, in the midst of it all, Dust saw what caught Blueberrys attention.
A streak of light flew across the sky, leaving a long tail of dull light behind it.

Blue lifted his arm up towards the shooting stars, thinking of the time Dust took him out on that snowy evening, the time he looked through the photos and videos of them, happy and laughing throughout their time when he was sitting alone on a Monday night. He remembered Dust saying how fresh the air was that morning and how grateful he was to have the smaller.
All of these memories came flooding in at once, rememberance of happy times made Blue want to cry, they had come so far.
As he gazed up at the meteors, they gathered, more and more showing up in unparalleled beauty. This was amazing, he'd never seen anything quite like it and neither had his Dusty.

When he lowered his hand, Dust sat up, lifting Blue off of his lap. The smaller looked confused for a moment before that confusion turned to surprise when he was stood up, Dust standing in front of him.
"Is there something wrong Dusty?" Blue asked.
"No, nothing wrong. I just have something to tell you I guess" Dust clamped his hand around an item in his pocket, his nervousness growing considerably. "You know I love you, right? All that time we spent together, I loved every moment. I love your smile, your voice, your personality, everything about you... flaws and all. I have plenty of flaws but I still find myself hoping you'll feel the same way. To love my flaws, stay with me, no matter what. So... I will be here for you, if you're here for me, always."
The taller paused a moment, before dropping onto one knee beneath the shooting stars, the streaking light and glistening moon. "Blueberry, you are my everything.. I want to ask you" He pulled a ring from his pocket, presenting it to Blue tenderly. "Will you marry me?"

The small skeleton looked shocked, his hand raising to his mouth like he were about to say no. It definitely looked like it.

Tears began to fall.

"Of course Dusty."