Chapter One: Part Five

She defended him

She defended him... The man standing before her who was now cleaned up from when she last saw him. Wavy hair that was an ash blonde despite when he originally entered the compound, it was so dirty it was hard to determine. Now she could see the scar under his eye socket and above it and the large scar the ran along the side of his head just above his temple. The blue button up shirt he was wearing sat baggy on his thin frame. He looked better cleaned up with his defined jawline, sparkling blue eyes and handsome features it was just a shame he was proving Emmy had made the wrong decision.

"Put the knife down" Emmy pleaded to the tall man holding Chris one of the people from their group who had been sent to check on the newcomer. Troy held the handle tightly as he pressed the knife to Chris's neck causing the young man to flinch. The ash blondes teeth were clenched tight.

"No.." he shook his head wrinkling up his nose "I don't think so" the tall man edged the knife closer to Chris's neck.

"Please just let him go" Emmy held her hands out as though surrendering as she lowered her knife slowly to the ground.

"I don't see me saying no changing" he spoke so casually as he bared his teeth, his hand gripping the collar of Chris's shirt ready to slice clean across his throat.

"Wait! Wait, please. If you want to leave fine I will help you myself but please you don't have to hurt anyone" Emmy gulped her chestnut eyes softened as she watched the scene in front of her.

"I know I don't have to.." he scoffed his eyes looking to a very nervous Emmy "but I can and I will."

"Wait! Do you really want to go back out there? Do you really want to be alone out there?. I don't know you... I don't know what you have been through but I know one thing about people is they rarely want to be all alone. This is a place you can call home, a place you can settle and not worry about watching your back every minute. Where you can have a good night's sleep. Please just don't act rash, Please think about this" Emmy bit nervously into her lower lip as she watched waiting for the young stranger to make his move to either kill Chris and possibly her or put the knife down.

His blue eyes watched her for what seemed like forever as he seemed to contemplate what she had said. Troy wasn't one to give his trust easily especially since the last time he did all the boy got was a knife in the back or in his case a hammer to the head. Without a word his hand wavered and went to pull away from Chris but he hesitated and at that moment Chris took that to his advantage and redirected the knife, Chris hands roughly turned Troy's wrist the moment went so quickly before anyone could react the knife had pierced Troy's shoulder, blood was trickling down the once clean shirt and Troy hissed as his eyes turned to face the wound.

"Chris!" Emmy shouted at the young man who was running towards her.

"I.. I..." Chris began to stutter.

"Get out of here and don't say a damn word" her face hardened as she ordered to the young brunette hoping Chris would agree and to her relief he gave a single nod before quickly fleeing the building. By the time she turned back to the ash blonde at the end of the hall he had ripped the knife from his shoulder, it didn't seem to faze him and more giving a bored look about the whole ordeal.